IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: charlotte on October 18, 2015, 12:36:58 AMIt is true that the bank can't stop the direct debit, but they can (and will, if it's my bank) continue to reverse the unauthorised charges until the debiting company gets the idea. The good news is that this problem is extremely unlikely with icetv.
It may well be so that the bank can't stop the direct debit, and maybe they shouldn't. But I don't see why you or I cannot. I have never understood the attitude that it is the way that it is because that is the law. Change it already!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: JPP on October 18, 2015, 10:14:27 AM
Using a Credit Card will give you some extra cash in had

That is not my reason for using a credit card.  Being a pensioner, I have a "deeming" bank account that only gives you 8 free  transactions a month.  After that, they charge a fee for each transaction.  So,  I use my credit card whenever possible, hence can pay the lot at the end of the month with one transaction.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

jim szabo

Hi Dave i contacted 'mark.everingham@tphinsolvency.com.au' as you suggested with no reply & contacted David Dargie from NAS Australia for a replacement SKIPPA who was unable to help.
My question is what do i do with a faulty Skippa
regards Jim Szabo :-[

Paul55

Quote from: jim szabo on October 18, 2015, 12:16:59 PM
Hi Dave i contacted 'mark.everingham@tphinsolvency.com.au' as you suggested with no reply & contacted David Dargie from NAS Australia for a replacement SKIPPA who was unable to help.

I think your only option now is to wait until the administration process is complete. Or maybe you could contact UEC, the company that is holding the Skippas - though I'd be surprised if they were any help.

IanL-S

The best approach may be to contact consumer affairs authority in your State or Territory who should be able to push things along in terms of identifying the parties who are, under the Australian Consumer Law, responsible for meeting the statutory warranties. These include the supplier/retailer (IceTV) and the manufacturer/importer. As UEC Altech were apparently the OEM, that are presumably either manufacturer or importer. It is all to difficult for us to work out by Consumer affairs has the ability to work through these issues.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

sam

Quote from: Paul55 on October 18, 2015, 12:19:59 PM
Quote from: jim szabo on October 18, 2015, 12:16:59 PM

I think your only option now is to wait until the administration process is complete. Or maybe you could contact UEC, the company that is holding the Skippas - though I'd be surprised if they were any help.
-----
Hi Dave,

I also have a faulty SKIPPA that will not fully Boot or work and was to receive a Replacement SKIPPA before IceTV was put into Voluntary Administration.
Quote from IceTV Customer Support below:

Leon (IceTV Customer Support)
Oct 3, 1:54 PM
Hi Ronda,
Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.
Sorry to hear you are having a problem with your new SKIPPA!
We are replacing some SKIPPA's that have similar problems which appear to actually be a hardware fault (and not a firmware issue), we will send you a reply paid postal order and replace your SKIPPA at the same time, this will probably only happen towards the end of next week however due to the long weekend getting in the way of the postal service.
Best Regards,
Leon 
IceTV Support Team
IceTV Pty Limited
Level 1/20 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065
/End Quote:

I again contacted IceTV Support when the Replacement Skipper did not arrive and was advised by you Dave to contact  'mark.everingham@tphinsolvency.com.au'. Which I did as you suggested but again I also have had NO reply from Mr Everingham.

So, unless a Firmware Update which IceTV Support have indicated won't fix my SKIPPA as its a Hardware fault, can get my SKIPPA to function - I really can't use my IceTV Recording account. I've given all my EyeTV Elgato units away as I was not going to need them once I had SKIPPA :(

Kind Regards,
Ronni

achjimmy

Great  news guys and thanks for your efforts. Love ICE TV and will be happy to re subscribe.

Chopsus

Quote from: gsmith2409 on October 16, 2015, 08:56:35 PM
However I have slight issue with the price. I am fine to loose existing subscription; but the price going forward is too high. You know doubt will get us old subscribers signing up as we are so used to the system, but that price will never grow the business.

Anyway my two sents, but glad still alive

Agree ... $8.99/month can buy actual content nowadays, and you guys are only selling a glorified guide ... The value is questionable for the average user with 1 machine.

IanL-S

There are two parts to the IceTV Service, the first is the guide and the second is the remote setting of timers (which is far more powerful than the native abilities of most, if not all, PVRs. For me the combination of both of these is well worth the proposed price.

If you think the price is too much, you do not have to pay it.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

hoadie

Quote from: IanL-S on October 18, 2015, 02:56:29 PM
There are two parts to the IceTV Service, the first is the guide and the second is the remote setting of timers (which is far more powerful than the native abilities of most, if not all, PVRs. For me the combination of both of these is well worth the proposed price.

If you think the price is too much, you do not have to pay it.

Ian
I agree; there are a lot of services provided beyond the provision of the EPG that for me is worth $8/m.

warkus

If anyone is in WA and want me to look at their faulty skippa I'm happy to help.

Lindsay

Bearing in mind all that has happened I am happy enough with the new arrangements.

I  subscribed in July 2008 at $99 pa. without expecting the price to fall, in fact I expected it to rise.
I expected then, that by now I'd have paid at least $700 in subscriptions but,  I've only paid $670.

I also bought a Skippa which I will not get - $423 lost on a punt on an early version of a product which I knew might not
meet my requirements,  as I bought it before all the specs were set.       My choice.

Had I waited I'd have found it would not have access to the FTA channel EPG as, at least,  a fail-safe; 
I would not have bought it - my choice.
So I'm down about $400 over 8 yrs - $1.00 a week - which I regard as just a small part of the cost of  living.

I will be resubscribing on a monthly basis, and will take up an annual subscription should it become available.
I think Dave, and the others involved in the rebirth, deserve my appreciation for their efforts in the past and of late.
My wish for annual subscription is a sign of the "goodwill" that I ascribe to their business and to their help in the past.

raymondjpg

Quote from: hoadie on October 18, 2015, 03:04:06 PMI agree; there are a lot of services provided beyond the provision of the EPG that for me is worth $8/m.

I may be in the minority but I value the "What's on this (whatever)" emails as much as the EPG and interactive service. Probably because I don't watch much live TV to see what's coming up. I see that these emails are to resume under the new service.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

Quote from: raymondjpg on October 18, 2015, 03:11:18 PM
I may be in the minority but I value the "What's on this (whatever)" emails as much as the EPG and interactive service. Probably because I don't watch much live TV to see what's coming up. I see that these emails are to resume under the new service.

I also find that information extremely useful ... I should have mentioned it in my earlier post.

Ian
Synology NAS