skippa & paypal claims

Started by Aussiebec, October 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Quote from: blockertig on October 30, 2015, 05:26:11 PM
I modified Warkus narrative as it predated the resurrection but I focused on the current ICE TV company having no responsibility for Skippa including its warranty and there being no more firmware updates effectively meaning Skippa is not a long term proposition especially the ad skippa function itself.

I did much the same with my claim a day which I made on 28 October.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

DavidGeorge

I didn't receive my Skippa.  I lodged a Paypal claim on 16th October, received notification that the dispute had been settled on 27th October and the money was paid back to my credit card yesterday, 29th.  I am pretty impressed with Paypal! I didn't really expect to see any money back.

Armed with the $417 i thought i had lost I headed off to Harvey Norman and bought Fetch TV for $380 including a pair of powerline adapters .   I am very impressed.  This is a mature consumer device with excellent user interface and (AT LAST) a very high "wife acceptance factor".  I love how fast it is compared to the Beyonwiz T3.  Every key press results in a crisp transition to the next screen.   Catch up TV seems amazing.  Love Netflix and only $8.99 per month is affordable enough that my movie watching has at long last become legal.

Kmgh

Only just realised I paid for my Skippa via PayPal (clearly getting old!). My unit is a dud due to constant picture freezing. Have a lodged a claim today. Not overly optimistic but worth a try...nothing ventured, nothing gained! :P

FMB

Quote from: Kmgh on October 30, 2015, 08:53:35 PM
Only just realised I paid for my Skippa via PayPal (clearly getting old!). My unit is a dud due to constant picture freezing. Have a lodged a claim today. Not overly optimistic but worth a try...nothing ventured, nothing gained! :P

You're lucky that there are plenty of precedents. I'm sure you'll be okay.

Jondalar

I lodged a claim on Friday.  I did receive my Skippa but it's substantially not as described due to the loss of it's headline feature of ad skipping and lifetime IceTV subscription. Haven't heard anything more yet.

Dave at IceTV

I did receive my Skippa but it's substantially not as described due to the loss of it's headline feature of ad skipping...

AutoSkip works in the latest software version, 1.1.10604. It was broken in the last over the air update, version 1.1.10600, and fixed 1 week later in USB update 1.1.10604

See AutoSkip has stopped working:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/97537218-AutoSkip-has-stopped-working

or see How to update the software from a USB stick (includes link to software 10604)
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/97066117-How-to-update-the-software-from-a-USB-stick
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Stalky

Gotta say that since uploading the latest firmware, the Adskip on my Skippa has been working brilliantly. In fact the whole unit is humming along nicely.

If only we could work out a way to change that damn onscreen TV Guide layout to show more channels and less 'header' info, I'd be a happy chappy!

IanL-S

Quote from: Stalky on November 02, 2015, 04:56:52 PM
If only we could work out a way to change that damn onscreen TV Guide layout to show more channels and less 'header' info, I'd be a happy chappy!

That seems to be the consensus.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

blockertig

I just checked to see how my Paypal claim is going. I is still to be resolved. I noticed one of the final steps says this-

The seller or PayPal may decide to grant a full refund to the buyer if the merchandise is returned. Once delivery is confirmed and the refund is processed, the case is closed.

For those who received a skippa and have had their claim paid by Paypal- where you asked to return the Skippa as a condition of payment by Paypal. To me this would make no sense as what would the old Ice TV company want with an old Skippa working or not.

Also in answer to the adskippa being an argument to Paypal I did not rely on that argument as you are correct Ian that currently the adskippa is working. My arguments were over a lack of firmware support and warranty support and loss of the life time subscription.

bodogbodog

Quote from: blockertig on November 02, 2015, 06:11:43 PM
To me this would make no sense as what would the old Ice TV company want with an old Skippa working or not

The Administrators would sell it and add the proceeds to the funds available to satisfy creditors - but in reality that isn't going to happen as the now defunct IceTV is not going to be refunding anyone. So if anything it would be Paypal who might require the return of the goods if they paid out on a claim - I have no idea if they actually would require that
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

JPP

Quote from: Stalky on November 02, 2015, 04:56:52 PM
Gotta say that since uploading the latest firmware, the Adskip on my Skippa has been working brilliantly. In fact the whole unit is humming along nicely.

Yes, I have to say that I'm also impressed with my Skippa's performance and excellent graphical layout and choice of clean and very readable text, even though the font size is small.

Like you, I want more channels on the one screen and I have no compunction in loosing the picture on the screen. Now, if only we could have a event rather than time-line based EPG as well.... did someone say just like JustEPG  ;D. If we could have access to the code and made it accessible to allow add-ins to be added.....I'm dreaming of course....
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

TimC

Quote from: blockertig on November 02, 2015, 06:11:43 PM
The seller or PayPal may decide to grant a full refund to the buyer if the merchandise is returned. Once delivery is confirmed and the refund is processed, the case is closed.

Don't worry too much about the wording of messages from PayPal.  They seem to be stock answers covering all situations.

Even the message granting the refund leaves you with the impression that the money is coming from the seller, which it clearly is not.

The point is the money does get paid and there is no need or requirement to send the Skippa back.

The fact is that the Skippa doesn't work as advertised, unless you were one of the few who didn't take the Lifetime subscription. The point being that if you don't pay your subscription it will stop working.

In addition you have no Warranty and minimal technical support.

All of which were part of the original offer.

Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

SkippaBeat

Received the full $417 from PayPal today for my 'non-working' Skippa using Warkus's guidelines (thanks Mark and PayPal).  :)

payandwait

paypal refunded me and told me not to return it as the company is under administration so a little deserved bonus for being stuffed around by this company.
so will see what happens on the 11th when free subscriptions run out.
either i can still use it or as i have planned will be buying a fetch tv unit which has 3 tuners for $399 with a free $40 eftpos card.
hey the adskip feature on the skippa is good but you really dont need it.

8) 8) 8)

Paul55

Quote from: payandwait on November 08, 2015, 01:15:04 PM
a little deserved bonus for being stuffed around by this company.

So, if I understand your post, you have effectively received a PVR that cost you nothing. Wish I could be stuffed around as badly as you have.

Also, $399/$7.99 = 50 months = >4 years of IceTV even if they don't bring in annual subscriptions.