"Integrity" error when recording

Started by bodogbodog, December 26, 2015, 09:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

This issue just started last night - Skippa wont record anything - the recording appear in My Week and look fine but when the time rolls around to record they fail to record and appear in Failed Recordings with "Integrity" error
Any ideas on what might be causing this error so I can fix it

I've tried Signing Out for IceTV and Reset EPG from SKippa icetv menu and also resent recordings from my IceTV profile - I guess the next step is a Factory Default reset of the Skippa (trying to avoid that if possible (although I'm getting pretty good at (re)setting up my Skippa these days...)
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

You could try reformatting the internal HDD but that is an 'outside' solution.

Given the firmware similarities with the Altech units see if you can find any information on the Altech forum (if there is one) or the DVT Forum or Whirlpool.

Sorry that I cannot be of any more help.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: bodogbodog on December 26, 2015, 09:24:12 AM
This issue just started last night - Skippa wont record anything - the recording appear in My Week and look fine but when the time rolls around to record they fail to record and appear in Failed Recordings with "Integrity" error
Any ideas on what might be causing this error so I can fix it

The first thing to try for any problem is restart from "Menu > Settings >General".

Sounds like an antenna signal or hard drive issue. Is live TV okay for the channels that failed recording? Is the hard drive full?

Could be tuner 2 has failed. What happens when you record say ABC and SBS at the same time? Does one work and the other fail, or do they both fail?

Is the skippa running hot?

If the restart didn't help maybe format the HDD (which will delete all recordings).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Thanks Guys - guess it's just another mystery Skippa issue....not unlike the ones the folk with Altech units get to experience regularly

Restart has been tried (first thing I do with any issue is Restart/Reboot)
Signal is fine watching live TV through Skippa (and on other devices in the house connected to the same antenna feed)
Skippa is fine playing back recorded shows
Will try manual recording (never done that before as I rely on the IceTV recording setup
Skippa always runs hot - however this one has a fan installed internally to cool the CPU and has been working fine for a month or so

Hoping to avoid a complete reinstall to Factory Settings as I don't really want to lose all my recordings

I guess I can put a support call into IceTV and ask them to check my account to see if there is anything showing up in their logs
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

warkus

Could definitely be a hard drive problem, it sounds like an odd problem...

Personally I haven't had a single issue with my 9600 Altech, no odd or mystery problems with mine.

So you don't loose all your recordings in case it is not a hard drive issue, have you got a spare 2.5" drive you can pop into the unit as a test, because if you do you can use that to test and see if the issue goes away, remember though that whatever is on that HDD will be wiped the moment you install it into the SKIPPA, as it self formats on first power up.

Mark

Mark

bodogbodog

Quote from: warkus on December 26, 2015, 10:08:43 PM
So you don't loose all your recordings in case it is not a hard drive issue, have you got a spare 2.5" drive you can pop into the unit as a test, because if you do you can use that to test and see if the issue goes away, remember though that whatever is on that HDD will be wiped the moment you install it into the SKIPPA, as it self formats on first power up.
Thanks Mark - and to others for their suggestions - I'm having a "rest" day from technology today - and enjoying watching the cricket instead
My good old faithful Wiz DP-2 is handling the recording responsibilities for the moment
I do have a spare 2.5" drive as it happens (from my other Skippa that is my "spare parts" unit now) so if necessary I'll put that one in and see if it works
Seasons greetings to everyone - I think 2015 will definitely go down as IceTV's annus horribilis unfortunately - here's hoping 2016 brings more settled times

bodogbodog

I went into My Recordings/Storage  and Format HDD - that's fixed my issue and recordings are now being picked up from my IceTV subscriptions across multiple channels
Only loss is any programmes recorded and stored on the HDD

I guess I'm "lucky" it didn't require me to do a complete reinstallation and setup

Good to have it back in operation

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: bodogbodog on December 28, 2015, 08:22:07 AM
Good to have it back in operation

Hopefully you and your Skippa and IceTV (TV TV Australia) will all have a annus mirabilis in 2016
cheers

Dave
Customer Service