Thanks and farewell... and welcome back!

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 13, 2015, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Thanks Dave, and the rest of the staff

It is sad to see the service go and sorry you are losing your jobs as well.

Dave has been a great help and support over the years, so good luck to you.

Cheers
Gary

gcstacey

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 13, 2015, 06:51:12 PM
IceTV as a TV guide and smart recording service almost survived. But a number of vital employees declined to take up the offer of working for the new version of IceTV so it's all over. Everything needed to produce and supply a hand curated TV guide with smart scheduling still exists, except the necessary staff.

Colin O'Brien and his family want to thank everyone for their support over the last 10.5 years. Without the many loyal customers IceTV wouldn't have lasted as long as it did or been as popular as it was.

I personally want to thank all those who have been supportive of me and offering kind words over the last week.

cheers
Dave

Just wanted to add my thanks to Dave and the team as well. The team at IceTV were always very helpful and I've been a very happy customer for the past 6+ years and am very disappointed that there will be no IceTv in the future.

Best of luck to all in your new endeavours.

Cheers
Graham

Nodeity

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 13, 2015, 06:51:12 PM
IceTV as a TV guide and smart recording service almost survived. But a number of vital employees declined to take up the offer of working for the new version of IceTV so it's all over. Everything needed to produce and supply a hand curated TV guide with smart scheduling still exists, except the necessary staff.I personally want to thank all those who have been supportive of me and offering kind words over the last week.

cheers
Dave
Dave, I've always maintained that your blood was worth bottling!  So sorry to hear this news, I will miss our little chats when I was after service.  Hope you find work you are happy to do and best wishes to you and the staff.  I really hope you guys get picked up by an investor or just a like minded billionaire.  ;)  Ok so now how do I get the three years in advance I've paid..?  Sorry, couldn't help it.  Catchya  :)

Eaglehawk

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 13, 2015, 06:51:12 PMEverything needed to produce and supply a hand curated TV guide with smart scheduling still exists, except the necessary staff.
cheers
Dave

Sad news Dave. Best of luck to you and the rest of the staff for a wonderful 9 years of service for me.

On your above comment, does this mean if all the infrastructure is in place, but nobody wants to run it, is it possible to move to a volunteer run based system? (Obviously we need to pay the bills to keep the CPUs/HDD/NICs running...)

Heideho

Thanks for all your work. It just won't be the same without you. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Brisbane

dwids

Can I just add my sincere thanks to you and your colleagues there. I really appreciate your efforts and want to wish you all the best with your future endeavours.

EdQld

My introduction to IceTV has been brief, with the purchase of the Skippa, which now looks like being an expensive paperweight  :'(

Thanks to David and the other IceTV employees who have done their best to keep things going, all the best for the future  ;)

Regards, Ed

spinifex

We too would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Dave and the team. Never had a need to contact you guys over the years as we found all the answers online, either here or at Beyonwiz.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Icetv will be sadly missed in our household, as will the Skippa that never arrived. :(

Paul55

Decided to add some manual timers for early next week to replace some series recordings.
Lo and behold, I got two timer conflict emails - don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Damn, I'll miss IceTV.

tonymy01

Quote from: Paul55 on October 14, 2015, 10:03:38 PM
Decided to add some manual timers for early next week to replace some series recordings.
Lo and behold, I got two timer conflict emails - don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Damn, I'll miss IceTV.
Hehe same.
I just had a brainwave on how to not jump off a bridge in the short term, by changing all my ICEtv set timers in my 2 PVRs from ONCE to WEEKLY, in the hope that the schedule isn't going to change too much (haha!).   At least this saves me starting from scratch setting timers, thanks ICE for being the seed to my weeklies ;)
Don't leave it too late everyone, as from early next week, no more timers are being set, you won't have anything to edit if you leave it too much longer.
edit:
p.s. Fargo on SBS HD starts next Wednesday, remember to add that weekly too.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Archer_11

Gutted. All the best for the future Dave and anyone else at Ice TV reading this.

Garywg

Hope someone keeps the dream alive... heres hoping  :'(

DaveD

Thanks Dave,
  Hope you find a better job asap.
  Just looked at my registration...it was back in Nov 2005.
  I must have been there almost from the start!

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Garywg on October 15, 2015, 02:15:56 AM

Somebody was listening. Watch this space...
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

RubberChicken

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 15, 2015, 07:27:35 PM
Quote from: Garywg on October 15, 2015, 02:15:56 AM

Somebody was listening. Watch this space...

Hoping. IceTV is an incredible service. I've been with you since mid 2006 and never miss a chance to show off the service. I have not set a manual timer on the box more than a few times in 9 years. The thought of having to trawl the FTA guide manually on the box is heartbreaking. The idea that nobody would take up the business is unthinkable.