SKIPPA RETURNED AS FAULTY

Started by carmal8, October 09, 2015, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carmal8

Because of ongoing problems with my SKIPPA unit being unable to access the internet I returned it to Ice TV. It was delivered yesterday according to my tracking advice. Now that Ice is in receivership what happens to my unit? I have paid for it and therefore it is legally mine but given the current situation I want to know that I will either get a replacement or at least have the unit returned to me. Presumably given the state of their finances a credit would be too much to hope for???

Dave at IceTV

Hi carmal8,

I was just looking at your email from yesterday. Thankfully you sent it to IceTV and did not "return to sender". As you said, it is yours, and I will return it to you. I still want to have a look at it and see why you weren't able to get the WiFi connected and sort that out for you.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

carmal8

Thanks Dave, you have been a real help to me with my problems from time to time. It's a bit ironic that I now have the Topfield up and running smoothly and this has happened!!

I look forward to your findings re the Skippa unit.

Dave at IceTV

Hi carmal8,

I have tested your Skippa and you were right - it would not connect to a WiFi network. After attaching the WiFi antenna your Skippa could see more nearby wireless networks in my street than any other wireless device I've setup here. But it just refused to connect to my WiFi network.

I noticed your Skippa had the original software version 1.1.10475 so I updated the software to 1.1.10600 and the WiFi connected right away  :)

I did notice a familiar "new computer" smell coming from the box when I opened the parcel and again after using it for a while to view some military airplane documentaries via Opera TV (to test the WiFi). I think the smell is the smell of heatsink putty curing.

I'll post your Skippa back to you asap.

cheers
Dave at Home  :(

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

warkus

at home?!?!?!

:( bad news - very bad news....

I am so sorry Dave, I can almost feel the anguish from here....

Garyvx

What ever happens Dave, I hope something works out for you (and the rest of the great support staff) in the long run..
Thanks for your support over the years...

Regards Gary

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: warkus on October 13, 2015, 02:37:14 PM
at home?!?!?!

Actually I've just had some good news in the last 30 minutes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 13, 2015, 03:26:58 PM
at home?!?!?!

You are a tease. I hope it is the best possible news both for you and all the other IceTV staff members.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Vortical

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 13, 2015, 03:26:58 PM
at home?!?!?!

Fingers crossed its the news we all want to hear and that you and the other IceTV staff will be continuing with the IceTV EPG service with a new buyer.

Just wanted to add you have been outstanding with your support for all us IceTV subscribers, your worth your weight in gold.

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on October 13, 2015, 04:01:36 PM
[Just wanted to add you have been outstanding with your support for all us IceTV subscribers, your worth your weight in gold.

Well said. I could not agree more.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

+1

Dave, I also hope that all of the team who brought us IceTV will be getting similar good news.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. The good news didn't last long. A few vital employees declined to take up the offer of working for the new version of IceTV so it's all over.

Everything needed to produce and supply a hand curated TV guide with smart scheduling still exists. There's just not the staff to run it...
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

jas55

do know if we will get one more Firmware update to our skippa's
thanks

Cashie

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 13, 2015, 06:29:49 PM
Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. The good news didn't last long. A few vital employees declined to take up the offer of working for the new version of IceTV so it's all over.

Everything needed to produce and supply a hand curated TV guide with smart scheduling still exists. There's just not the staff to run it...

That's terrible news for you guys Dave, hope the future holds a new opportunity for you.

prl

Sorry to hear that Dave. All the best to you, Daniel, Madeleine and all the rest of the IceTV crew.

It's a pity for everyone that there wasn't a way to get the service running again.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing