Out of memory Popup

Started by TimC, October 03, 2015, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

This morning I turned on the TV and found an "Application has encountered an out of memory problem and will be closed".
Pressing OK locked it up.
It was interesting that the frozen picture has an "Advertisement will end in 24" message on the bottom of the screen, which seems to be a hangover from a Channel Nine Catchup TV session from the night before.
The switch on the front cleared the problem.
I might reboot to be on the safe side though.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

Yes, I would reboot the SKIPPA. If it happens again I would report it to IceTV technical support using the on-line form:
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: TimC on October 03, 2015, 09:49:44 AM
It was interesting that the frozen picture has an "Advertisement will end in 24" message on the bottom of the screen, which seems to be a hangover from a Channel Nine Catchup TV session from the night before.

Thanks for the feedback, Tim.

Definitely related to your earlier catchup TV session. I wonder if this out of memory issue explains another person's issue where they were unable to view a whole catchup TV program.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

TimC

Hmm, I had a similar problem the other night.  I tried to watch a channel nine program but it wouldn't play.  I had assumed that it was a web connectivity issue. It was interesting that when I gave up to watch something I had recorded The outline for the Catchup item I had selected refused to go away. I eventually got rid of it by going to another channel's catchup and exiting.
I have had success using catchup as well, but it does seem to be flakey. 
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)