EPG lockup

Started by stretch4x4, October 01, 2015, 06:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch4x4

I have had the guide lock up a couple of times now.
TV keeps playing but can't move around the guide or exit.. Can put the skippa in standby but the next time you go in the guide it locks up again.. Restarting it fixes it each time.

Haven't found a common trigger yet but thought it was worth raising anyway.

IanL-S

Have you tried doing a factory reset; or less drastic powering down the unit, unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for a few minutes.

Ian

PS Corrupt setting can cause all sorts of havoc with PVRs ... it can be a problem with Topfield PVRs.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

stretch4x4

Nah it has only happened twice in a week and a restart is enough to fix it. So haven't done anything as drastic as a full reset..

(My wifi password is far too long to type with the remote :p )

Have pulled the plug a couple of times to reset it but probably not long enough to completely reset the memory..
Anyway happy to see how it goes a bit longer, next time I might leave the plug out a little longer :)

IanL-S

Quote from: stretch4x4 on October 01, 2015, 08:42:23 PM
(My wifi password is far too long to type with the remote :p )

I know the feeling :(. I wonder if the SKIPPA supports a USB Keyboard like the TF-T6000 and TF-T6211? I have been intending trying it out but one of those things I have not got around to.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

stretch4x4

Yeah when I typed it in for the 5th time (I failed multiple times at setting a static IP) I did contemplate plugging in a keyboard to see what would happen..

Didn't like the chances of my wireless ones working though so didn't bother..

Twisterinc

I have had the EPG lockup on the Skippa once as well in the two days I've had the device.

It occurred after I left the unit in overnight to finish a recording. When I started the rest of the home theatre gear the next day and went to the EPG on the Skippa the remote was no longer responsive. I hard powered down the system and restarted and it has been fine since..

Definitely still a few bugs there... Perhaps the next update will address some of these...