AutoSkip Q&A

Started by JPP, September 28, 2015, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

I thought I'd start a separate thread on this topic as there are quite a few intricacies of it's operation that I'd like to know more about.

1. Can you turn OFF the Autoskip operation altogether? I ask as it does consume resources, probably making the unit less responsive at times. I realise that if your subscription runs out you will not be able to use it, but from what I understand from previous comments by ICETV, it still does the processing, but you don't have access to the Skip file associated with the program you're watching.

2. Does it automatically exclude non commercial channels, i.e. the ABC for one?

3. Can you stipulate that it will ONLY do the operation at specified times?

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

JPP

4. If the AutoSkip operation can be turned OFF, would that allow it to refresh/harvest the EPG just during a short "View only" timer - the way I currently have it set up on my Toppies?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

jim szabo

I was very excited with my SKIPPA until i started using it.I recorded the series Judge Judy & was excited to watch an episode with no commercials. I found the recorded episode clicked the play but NO play,tried everything but couldn't get it to play.
Now the episode has gone.I hope the bugs will be fixed ASAP

Soapy

I think ICE made a big mistake when it decided not to provide skipping of program promotions.  I detest those things, and I would love to be able to skip them too.