Skippa not recording

Started by Gary Makin, September 27, 2015, 09:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Makin

I've added a bunch of series to my Skippa, but it is not starting recording them. In the My Week, it was showing Doctor Who as a show that it was going to record, but it did not record it. In fact, it is still listed in My Week, even after the show has come and gone. Any ideas?

stretch4x4

Have you checked for updates? I think Dave said the latest firmware and a restart should take care of that issue in another thread if my memory serves

Gary Makin

I have 1.1.10579. It says it's the latest.

Gary Makin

I did receive this email, after I pulled the power and rebooted the Skippa (is there's a menu way to reboot?). However, no real suggestion as to why it failed.

Dear Gary,

IceTV has received a notification from your video recorder that it was unable to
record one of your shows due to an error. A link to your upcoming shows page and
the details of the error are provided below for your convenience.

Regards,

The IceTV team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manage this recording

Show Name: Doctor Who

Channel: ABC
                 Time: 2015-09-27 19:40:00
             Duration: 50
         Device Label: SKIPPA
          Device Type: Skippa
Message from recorder: Recording is missing.
         Last Updated: 2015-09-27 22:39:25

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IanL-S

My SKIPPA is refusing to contact IceTV; Just checked and got this result:

5 September, 2015 at 04:30pm with Topfield TF7100HDPVRt
26 September, 2015 at 06:26am with Skippa
28 September, 2015 at 07:16am with Topfield TRF-2400

The TF7100HDPVRt is not currently in use, but the SKIPPA definitely is.

You can check the last download reques in the My Devices tab under My Account Guide Settings.

Update: It appears that pressing either the power button on the RCU or the front of the SKPPA merely puts it into sleep mode. You have to physically unplug the SKIPPA or go into the setting and select restart reboot. I unplugged the SKIPPA and it decided to talk to IceTV.

However it is still going into unscheduled standby.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

stretch4x4

Quote from: IanL-S on September 28, 2015, 07:24:30 AM

Don't suppose auto standby somehow got turned on in the general settings page?

IanL-S

Quote from: stretch4x4 on September 28, 2015, 08:30:04 AM
Quote from: IanL-S on September 28, 2015, 07:24:30 AM

Don't suppose auto standby somehow got turned on in the general settings page?

That was the first thing I checked. It is definitely set to inactive.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

face44

I have a similar problem. I got my SKIPPA on Monday and updated to the latest firmware. Set 4 series recordings. Monday night "The Block" recorded fine. Then last night, Tuesday night, it was supposed to record "The Block" again and also "800 Words". Neither recorded and I looked in my week and it showed them to be recorded yesterday. No failed recordings.
I did a reboot and checked again and "800 Words" had disappeared from my series recordings. Checked my phone app and it was still showing on my app as 1 of my series's. Checked for firmware and it is on the latest. I have tried to push "800 Words" to it again but I am now at work so not sure if that did anything.

mirmar

Also having this issue. I have selected a whole bunch of programs to record (using the iPhone app). They appear in the Skippa Tv's 'scheduled recordings', however none of them are recording. i also have the latest firmware. Manual recording is working for me. ( if i select a show i am watching and select record, it records).

Not sure what t to do now.

Gary Makin

I  had my Skippa fail to record anything tonight (about four shows) until I rebooted it. Then it started recording Heroes Reborn.

So, it seems like it can get into a bad state where it won't record. I might, as a test, reboot it each night before it's supposed to start recording.

Carljh

Am having the same problem, over 2 nights 3 shows have failed to record but still show in My Recordings and on my apps as programmed to record.  I have entered quite a few series recordings which show up on my devices and the IceTV website but only the initial programs I set up are on my Skippa.  I just can't trust Skippa to record so have to set everything on my old trusty TiVo also to be sure.  Also an issue with Ad Skip, when it works, it works fine but find programs that are showing that they have been processed are not skipping all the ads and some hardly at all.  It seems that the IceTV website and the Skippa are not communicating.

IanL-S

Just to clarrify, would you all please check the last time the SKIPPA contacted the IceTV Server: on www go to MyAccount and select Guide Settings. The last update should be within the last 20 minutes at max. If not restart the SKIPPA (you do this through Settings). Merely using the power button on the SKIPPA or RCU is not sufficient and that merely puts the SKIPPA into deep sleep. It has to reboot to get the IceTV fetches to restart.

Ian
Synology NAS

Carljh

I did the Restart through the menu, Ian but had no effect.  I powered off completely and re-booted and having checked a few times during the day, seems that Skippa is now 'talking' to IceTV.  The test will be this evening to see if it records the 2 programs I have scheduled.  Will continue to record on the trusty old TiVo also until this issue is fixed.

IanL-S

Quote from: Carljh on October 01, 2015, 04:53:49 PM
I did the Restart through the menu, Ian but had no effect.  I powered off completely and re-booted and having checked a few times during the day, seems that Skippa is now 'talking' to IceTV.  The test will be this evening to see if it records the 2 programs I have scheduled.  Will continue to record on the trusty old TiVo also until this issue is fixed.

That is some progress. They think they have found the cause so hopefully there will be updated firmware that will fix the issue.

When I first got my Topfield TF7100HDPVRt Plus it refused to talk to IceTV server; it was fixed by a firmware update (it took Topfield several months to issue a fix). I am using the SKIPPA as a backup device until the firmware settles down. After the first 3 days of problems mine is now behaving well.

Ian
Synology NAS

warkus

+1 on that Ian,

Mine is working exactly as I hoped. It's user friendly to set up, has an array of features to make it interesting, and hasn't missed a beat so far touch wood...

I'm streaming around my house using Kodi 15.1 installed on my PC and laptop, it's smooth, very fast, and in sync, and hasn't failed or dropped out once.

I can drag and drop recordings off onto my desktop within seconds, they are named as per the recordings on the box. IceTV hasn't stopped talking to my box (or the other way around) since it was turned on initially. Hasn't frozen once. No pink or purple screens. Nothing, it just works...

It's almost identical menu structure (aside from the layout of the initial options) as the Altech 9600, it's simple to use, meaning I can recommend it to people that are not techno nuts and they will be fine with it. I realise other units exist that have a lot of features and configuration like the T series wiz, but I simply cannot recommend a unit like that to people that are not technically competent as they are very complex units with a lot of options for configuration.

The catchup TV works a treat. The ad skipping I have only tested once but pretty accurate so no complaints yet...

The only 2 issues I have are the remote, but being as I use a harmony I'm not fussed at all and if I really had to I could live with it. And point 2 is the non existence of rubber feet, which in my opinion is a problem. The micro vibrations running through the case with the base of it actually sitting directly on a hard shelf is noisy at best, very annoying and at times very loud at worst. Those that can hear the unit should invest in 4 times 12x12x8mm rubber feet and pop them onto the bottom of the case, it is near silent after you do this... A couple of dollars in Bunnings if that...

Other than that I'm really happy so far and continue to play with it learning more and more all the time...

I am certainly not trying to take away from others that are actually having issues, as I do believe that some people are but fortunately at the moment I'm not having any, for now at least anyway.