How to get recordings off the Skippa

Started by IanL-S, September 27, 2015, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64. If I go into This PC the SKIPPA is listed, clicking on it leads to the recordings - in sub-directory called 'raw recordings'. The right click, select 'Send to' then select destination drive (it appears that you can only 'send to' root directory'.

You may be able to overcome that by mapping a directory to appear as a drive. Cannot remember how to do it ... goes back to pre-Windows I suspect.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Rowdy

In my Send To listing, all of the shares appear so it is easy to send it to Documents in my case. Setting up shares on Win 10 is a bit more complicated tahn earlier windows but is achievable.
Topfield 5000, 2400, Skippa

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on September 27, 2015, 06:04:33 PM
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64. If I go into This PC the SKIPPA is listed, clicking on it leads to the recordings - in sub-directory called 'raw recordings'. The right click, select 'Send to' then select destination drive (it appears that you can only 'send to' root directory'.

I don't see this in Windows 7. Can you PM me a screenshot of your PC's 'This PC' window showing the SKIPPA listed with your other network devices. And also the SKIPPA's 'recordings' directory and the 'raw recordings' sub-directory. You'll have to insert the image into the message textbody because I'm sure it does not support attachments.

I suspect what you are seeing is the SKIPPA as a 'Media Device' and not as a network device with shared folders.

You can use Windows Media Player to get the DLNA URL of the recording and paste the URL into a web browser to download the recording to the PC. The downloaded .ts file will have a number for it's name so you might want to rename the file by copying the name of the show from Windows Media Player the same way you get the URL. I've attached some screenshots I prepared earlier (using a T4). 
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

Dave I will do so.

Using this method you get the file name as it appears in the SKIPPA listing of recordings - not a number. However you do not seem to get all the meta data, not that I have checked that closely.

The listing I get is somewhat different:

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

zoszos68

I can get the files off Skippa to my Windows 10 pc but AC3 audio wont play on a moved file.
The file in question was Scorpion which plays audio fine when streaming but wont after transferring to Windows 10.

I have used mediainfo programme to check the audio format and it comes up as AC3 six channel.
A bit of a mystery so would look further before adding it to the bug list.

Kevin

IanL-S

I have not tried playing the files. Only opened them in VideoRedo.

Ian
Synology NAS

zoszos68

Quote from: IanL-S on September 28, 2015, 01:33:10 PM
I have not tried playing the files. Only opened them in VideoRedo.

Ian

OK I have tried again wmp nothing so tried VLC in the end and its playing the audio with all 6 channels it seems wmp does not like the mpeg ts files ac3 audio and I have not used ts files for a long time as was using wmc.

I will now check the file in Media Portal.

Kevin

IanL-S

Windows media player is the last thing I try when playing video files.

Ian
Synology NAS

zoszos68

Quote from: IanL-S on September 28, 2015, 02:15:32 PM
Windows media player is the last thing I try when playing video files.

Ian

Yeah I should have known better :(.
Its the only format so far that has failed in wmp.
I did have wmc on Windows 8.1 and as that is just a frontend for wmp I had made sure all files I had worked.
Well I just found a new one.

The strange thing is when streaming the file wmp is happy but after I transfer it to the pc its a no go.
I will assume either the file is slightly different after transferring or the dlna server is changing the audio (still in 6 channel).

Kevin

pnkoshea

Hello everyone,

Apologies up front as most of the technical stuff is way above my head but is my understanding correct that it is not possible to transfer recordings off the Skippa via FTP (i.e. as was possible with the Toppy 2400)?

I'm running a Mac and was hoping to be able to continue to use a FTP program such as Cyberduck +/- a converter such as MPEG Streamclip.

thanks a mil,
Rick

IanL-S

At this stage ftp is not supported. It is one of the things high up on the wish list. If a decision is made to include an ftp server on the SKIPPA it would be relativity easy to do as it runs Linux.

Ian
Synology NAS

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on September 28, 2015, 07:34:00 AM
Dave I will do so.

Using this method you get the file name as it appears in the SKIPPA listing of recordings - not a number. However you do not seem to get all the meta data, not that I have checked that closely.

The listing I get is somewhat different:

Thanks for the PM and screenshots Ian. It looks like classic shell (or Windows 10) integrates some of Windows media player's media server browsing and file listing into the shell. What you seeing in classic shell is similar to what I see in Windows media player (except I can right click on the video and select Properties to see the URL - which is required in Win7 because the shell provides no way to download the videos).

You almost make me want to try Windows 10, almost.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service