Not turning on

Started by sanmarco, September 27, 2015, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmarco

Disappointed after waiting waiting so long for the Skippa machine to discover it will not turn on. It responds momentarily to remote and any other actions merely by the red standby light showing while a button is pressed. I can not get to setup.
I have been a IceTv member for over 5 years using a Beyonwiz PVR and thought this new unit would be an improvement.

IanL-S

Phone IceTV technical support on the 1300 654 803. You may be asked to leave a phone number so they can call back.

I looks as if you SKIPPA is DOA (dead on arrival). This happens from time to time with PVRs.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

Another thing just occurred to me. Make sure that the power cord of firmly plugged into the power pack - if it is not in completely there can be enough current to light up the front panel light but not enough to boot the SKIPPA.

Ian

PS I have a dim recollection this happened to me when I set up my SKIPPA.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

sanmarco

Thanks Ian, I have tried many times unplugging and rebooting. After the boot sequence completes it reverts to indistinguishable led dashes and a red light. and thats all.

sanmarco

UPDATE: machine is now working. I had to trick it to start by using the component cables. It would not boot with the HDMI cable but now that it is set up I have switched to the HDMI cable with success. Is this situation unique to my machine?