Skippa Bug

Started by russell2200, September 23, 2015, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoszos68

I just turned on my Skippa to be greeted with a purple screen.
It is the second time this as happened and no button pressing on the remote will help.
Last time I had to pull the power cable from the back.

We need a reset feature on the Skippas front panel buttons if the hardware will allow it.

I hope the purple screen is just a hdmi cable problem and will try later.
Hopefully someone here might know what is causing it.

Kevin

EdQld

Although my Skippa has automatic updates selected, when I manually checked for updates I found there was a newer f/w available (from 1.1.10515 to 1.1.10579), so I did the update

Next I scheduled a 2 single programs to Record, one 5 mins and the other 10 mins in advance of the current time, Eureka my first successful recordings are happening  ;D

Both programs show on the "My WeeK" Web interface, but did not make it to the Skippa "My Week", But they are recording  ;)

Now the sync issue, funny solution, the 2 that were missing from Skippa "My Series" just also vanished from the Web version  ???  OK, David Attenborough Life Story was one of these, so I again set it to record as a Series Recording (1st Episode only) and it is back on the Web, but not the Skippa "My Series" folders

I had previously set a few Movies to also record tonight, so I will see how they go, hopefully the non-recording bug has been sorted for my Skippa

IanL-S

Quote from: mac37 on September 26, 2015, 02:08:36 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on September 26, 2015, 11:57:00 AM

PS The tech support team also does sales support so they are probably very busy with sales related questions as I understand that the second shipment of Toppys has now arrived and may already have started shipping.

Toppys ? ???

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[Clearly I spend too much time on the Topfield Australia forum (one of the moderators) and the oztoppy wiki. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

Quote from: zoszos68 on September 26, 2015, 02:12:09 PM
It is the second time this as happened and no button pressing on the remote will help.

We need a reset feature on the Skippas front panel buttons if the hardware will allow it.

Kevin

Yes, sounds like an HDMI issue .... it could well be a handshake issue; can be caused by faulty cable, faulty HDMI port on either the SKIPPA or on the TV. I occaisionally have issues with my ageing Sharp TV and have to do a factory reset to fix the problem.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Naffnick

Quote from: SkippaBeat on September 26, 2015, 08:08:23 AM
Are you guys getting the time updating in standby? 

Anyone else having this problem, or do I have to assume I have a faulty Skippa?

I too am not seeing the time update when in standby. Is there a fix for this IceTV Support?

IanL-S

Quote from: IanL-S on September 26, 2015, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: mac37 on September 26, 2015, 02:08:36 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on September 26, 2015, 11:57:00 AM

PS The tech support team also does sales support so they are probably very busy with sales related questions as I understand that the second shipment of Toppys has now arrived and may already have started shipping.

Toppys ? ???

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Clearly I spend too much time on the Topfield Australia forum (one of the moderators) and the oztoppy wiki. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Synology NAS

SkippaBeat

Support have agreed to send me a replacement Skippa due to the non-updating clock and freezes, including a pre-paid return envelope for the probably faulty Skippa.

Regardless of the fact that a fully working Skippa would have been the best scenario, I am happy with icetv support at this stage.

Dacho

With the 1.1.10579 update mine is not looking up in menus. 
I just plugged my Toppy 1Tb external drive in and found Skippa does not read .mpg files.
I've just plugged a 4Tb drive in which has wav files. It shows 39 seconds or so duration of the track and then it stops after the time displayed missing ends of all wav files.
Does anyone know what files are compatible?

These drives have different formats, anyone know the recommended Format of HD?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: GXK on September 26, 2015, 01:08:31 AM
Hello. I also have had a program not record. It is still in my week scheduled to record yesterday...

Sounds like the result of a known issue, which is already fixed in the latest or next software update. It might have been due to start recording before yesterday's software update was installed.

If you Restart the Skippa from the 'Settings > General' menu the 'yesterday' schedule should be gone after the Skippa boots up. You might even see the recording itself appear in My Recordings.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

zoszos68

Quote from: IanL-S on September 26, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
Quote from: zoszos68 on September 26, 2015, 02:12:09 PM

Kevin

Yes, sounds like an HDMI issue .... it could well be a handshake issue; can be caused by faulty cable, faulty HDMI port on either the SKIPPA or on the TV. I occaisionally have issues with my ageing Sharp TV and have to do a factory reset to fix the problem.

Ian

I did use the hdmi I was using on my T-Box so if it happens again I will use the cable supplied with The Skippa.
I have tried unplugging the hdmi cable when it happens but no luck there and also no response from the remote or front panel buttons when this happens.
I do think it's a hdmi problem as many on a web search say the same thing for many other devices.

Kevin

IanL-S

My Skippa does not seem to be downloading reservations/timers set via IceTV Interactive on my PC. Will give it an hour or two and then try 'resend all timers'

Ian
Synology NAS

bodogbodog

I have no idea what the process is for advising IceTV of Skippa bugs but this seems to be as good as any for the moment (Dave is there a more formal process for lodging bugs?)

1. Poor responsiveness on Media menu when browsing remote files (when doing so on other devices including my Beyonwiz I get very good response so I don't believe it is my server or my network). This is one of the most frustrating things about my experience with Skippa so far - being able to watch material from my server is a fundamental issue for me

2. Rebooting when an active recording is paused - happened to me this evening - was recording and watching the same programme at the same time - went away so paused the playback and after 5 minutes or so the Skippa rebooted - I lost that recording and another one that was also being recorded

3. Not really a bug per se but definitely an issue - is anyone else getting electrical shocks when they touch the Skippa? - I've had several - just tingles that give a bit of a kick but quite unnerving - it it happens tomorrow I'll make a warranty claim as I don't need any more shocks
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

First off - no electric shocks. I ope it is only static electricity.

My skippa is not donloading timers set using interactive www site. However, ones set locally are beinf uploaded to the data base. Resending timers has not helped so far. It may only be a pasing issue ... have had the same thing happen with Topps after a factory reset or service reset.

I h always assumed this was a firmware issue, but thisnsuggests it may be something happenig becauses of the IceTV server configuration. Have tried everything exccept a service reset.

Ian
Synology NAS

Kmgh

I fear I have purchased a lemon! Took several power "resets" to set up my Skippa. Now the picture freezes after about 5 minutes (audio continues), remote will not respond and the whole thing needs to have the power reconnected to do anything. Have contacted tech support. It's such a pity to have waited so long for this to happen....

Update. Tried again this morning and all seems to be working as promised. Maybe it wanted the night off after setting up. Been on now for about five hours, no picture freeze, remote responding really well, recorded something via ice to online. So far so good. Very non technical but maybe it just needed to "acclimatise". Time will tell.....

IanL-S

I agree that the media player has to be up to a reasonable standard. It could be a problrm with the network driver. A badly configured driver can play havoc.

I hope it is afirmware issue (NIC driver related) and not due to the hardware not being up to the task.

As the SKIPPA is both a DLNA server and player, we can see if there are problems playing recordings on th SKIPPA on another network device. If not, then the NIC driver is probably not the issue. Another test would be to install the Plex App and see if it is any better at playing remote content.

Ian
Synology NAS