Skippa Bug

Started by russell2200, September 23, 2015, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch4x4

I have done the update and not having any issues so far (I noticed the main menu changed!)

@Dave Can you tell me why my series recording for Scorpion is only showing up in my week for one channel (one) and not the primary ep that is on Sunday on ten? I thought because I said series record any episode, any channel and any time it should get everything..?
Also is it possible for us to get release notes for the firmware versions? Would be great to know what fixes are being put in place :)

Cheers

SkippaBeat

After latest update my clock/time is still not updating and Skippa won't turn on/off with remote, or power button.  Pulled plug and waited 30 secs and replugged.  Now just sitting there with Icetv splash screen and Loading tv guide... in corner.  Think I will go to bed  :(

As I was about to turn everything off and it started initialising again and dropped back out to TV.  That must have taken nearly 10 mins.

Can't do anything else, as no remote commands are working.

I have waited 5 mins @Dave, so how long before remote is recognised?

stretch4x4

Just tried to create a new series recording on the skippa and it said it was contacting the server and wouldn't do anything else.. gave it 10 minutes then turned put it in standby because we got sick of waiting.. No idea if it added it or not, appears not..  :-[

obiuquido144

Just set up the Skippa. No issues with the remote for me (my TV is Samsung).

However, in the EPG all shows on all channels are listed with  'Unavailable' as their name and with no metadata, despite network connection being fine and running the latest 10579 firmware. The EPG wasn't working prior to the FW update either.

Tried the 'Reset EPG' option in the Settings menu. No change after reboot.

Also the unit wobbles on the table up and down by about 1.5mm.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: stretch4x4 on September 25, 2015, 09:54:45 PM
I have done the update and not having any issues so far (I noticed the main menu changed!)

You probably didn't use it long enough before the update to notice the changes in the guide. Movies have the year after the title. Shows with season and episode numbers show those in the subtitle. All shows display the country of origin, language, director and actors when available. No other PVR makes full use of the meta data available from IceTV like the Skippa does.

Quote from: stretch4x4 on September 25, 2015, 09:54:45 PM
@Dave Can you tell me why my series recording for Scorpion is only showing up in my week for one channel (one) and not the primary ep that is on Sunday on ten? I thought because I said series record any episode, any channel and any time it should get everything..?

Sounds like you have it set to HD Only. One is HD while Ten is SD.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: obiuquido144 on September 25, 2015, 10:25:31 PM
Just set up the Skippa. No issues with the remote for me (my TV is Samsung).

However, in the EPG all shows on all channels are listed with  'Unavailable' as their name and with no metadata, despite network connection being fine and running the latest 10579 firmware. The EPG wasn't working prior to the FW update either.

Check the region in your account.
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi

If you change the region you will need to select Restart from Menu > Settings > General.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

stretch4x4

Thanks Dave,

Pretty sure I put all of the settings on record everything.. (IE Prefer HD) But will check again.. Although I think now I have managed to get it in a state of limbo.. It's not showing up as having a series recording anymore but when I try to add a new one it complains..
QuoteError: a series recording for this show already exists.

The updates to use the metadata sound good  8) but yeah you are right I hadn't used it long enough to notice that.

obiuquido144

Changing my region in the web UI and resetting the EPG did the trick. (I did a full EPG reset rather than just reboot as suggested).

Thank you Dave! Your help at this hour is much appreciated!

EdQld

Now this is getting Very frustrating  >:(

Yesterday a Series Recording failed to record and tonight a Movie failed to record (they both show up on "My Week", both PC & Skippa (with "R" in front of their names)

A PVR that doesn't record shows, not what you want to see  :'(

GXK

Hello. I also have had a program not record. It is still in my week scheduled to record yesterday... Going to leave it there to see what happens.

SkippaBeat

Are you guys getting the time updating in standby? 

Anyone else having this problem, or do I have to assume I have a faulty Skippa?

stretch4x4

My time appears to be updating so something seems wrong with yours skippabeat :(

EdQld

No response in the Forum or to my Support email with my Skippa failing to record shows or the sync problem, disappointing  :'(

IanL-S

Quote from: EdQld on September 26, 2015, 11:48:52 AM
No response in the Forum or to my Support email with my Skippa failing to record shows or the sync problem, disappointing  :'(

It takes a while for the support team to work through accumulated support request. Also, their hours are limited to 12 noon 8.00 pm Monday to  Friday and 12 noon to 6.00 pm Saturday and Sunday. I think this is quite good coverage.

I have found the support to be very good over the 9 years plus I have been dealing with them. It is not unusual for me to get emails from Dave several hours after he officially clocks off. You do not see service like that very often.

Ian

PS The tech support team also does sales support so they are probably very busy with sales related questions as I understand that the second shipment of Toppys SKIPPAs has now arrived and may already have started shipping.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Mac37

Quote from: IanL-S on September 26, 2015, 11:57:00 AM

PS The tech support team also does sales support so they are probably very busy with sales related questions as I understand that the second shipment of Toppys has now arrived and may already have started shipping.

Toppys ? ???
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65