Skippa Bug

Started by russell2200, September 23, 2015, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobthedog

Same experience with continual lockups etc - reset by unplug /plugin power supply
Unusable at the moment....

warkus

Bobthedog,

Regardless of whether your TV supports it or not, can you please try setting the output resolution of your Skippa to 1080i if not already, down from 1080p if it is set to that.

See if the freezing continues.

Same issue occurs on the Altech 9600 thats how i know about the freezing issue...

Just to see if it helps that all..

russell2200

Friendly IceTV phone call and replacement Skippa on the way seems I have a hardware fault

warkus

Deleted***

User answered my question in another thread - cross posted...

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: warkus on September 24, 2015, 03:25:09 PM
Regardless of whether your TV supports it or not, can you please try setting the output resolution of your Skippa to 1080i if not already, down from 1080p if it is set to that.

1080p works perfectly on the Skippa. And looks great too.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

FMB

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 24, 2015, 06:30:03 PM
Quote from: warkus on September 24, 2015, 03:25:09 PM

1080p works perfectly on the Skippa. And looks great too.

If only you could set it to 1080p. Mine defaulted to 1080i and when I try to change it, it freezes on the ok to confirm screen. I have to use the back button to get out, leaving it on 1080i.

Dave at IceTV

Which software version has it got?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

FMB

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 24, 2015, 07:59:46 PM
Which software version has it got?

Not sure but it did an update as soon as I turned it on. I assume it has the latest version.

IanL-S

I had not problem upping output resolution from i to p.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

EdQld

Issues with my Skippa:

* 1st attempt of a Series Recording (setup via PC) failed to record, even though the show was listed under "My  Series" & "My Week" , large red "R" in front of shows name (in both PC & Skippa)

* Syncing problem, after setting up Series Recording on my PC they show under "My Series" on the PC (5 shows) but 2 shows failed to show on the Skippa "My Series" (only 3 shows)

* Yes, Remote is sluggish and I had a few minutes where it refused to change the Channels (LED indicated a signal was received by the Skippa)

stretch4x4

Hmm another new one.. We have had random parental guidance pin requests despite not having touched any of those settings..

Just got an email that said the latest firmware was 1.1.10579 and we are only on 1.1.10515 (after at least one update) so will see how that goes..

Would be nice to have a list of release notes for each software version..

Edit: decided to stop the recordings and do the update but I couldn't because the child lock prompt came up when clicking the update button, this was fine, looked up the default code in the manual, shame the prompt wouldn't accept any input :'(
Same deal after going in and out of stand by.. Had to kill the power and restart it and no prompts so far..

SkippaBeat

Was a bit apprehensive setting Skippa up seeing previous problems mentioned.

No problem with remote.  Yes, needs to be a little more directional than I'm used too, but buttons all ok.

Set-up went ok and firmware updated.

Problems? 

1) Can't program it to record!  Not good for a PVR!  Reason may be because it doesn't know what time it is.  When it is turned on, clock seems to be updating.  Put into standby and time on front stays the same as at that moment.  Turn on, then standby again and time had updated, but stays at that time.  Any others found this?

2) Chose Opera from menu, gave me T&C, but no other option.  Whenever I select it now, it goes back to TV.  If I press APPS button on remote (not currently available according to manual), it comes up with the Opera Splash Screen then goes into searching mode.  After an hour I turned it off.

Any ideas?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: EdQld on September 25, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
* Syncing problem, after setting up Series Recording on my PC they show under "My Series" on the PC (5 shows) but 2 shows failed to show on the Skippa "My Series" (only 3 shows)

There's a new software version coming that will fix that.

Quote from: EdQld on September 25, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
* Yes, Remote is sluggish and I had a few minutes where it refused to change the Channels (LED indicated a signal was received by the Skippa)

The RCU can seem sluggish for a couple of minutes after the initial Skippa setup, or after restarting Skippa, because a lot of background activity is occurring.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

SkippaBeat

Just done 2nd firmware update and have to completely setup Skippa again.

Now getting freezes on menus, struggling to get network and/or internet, so basically stuffed for the time being as frozen again!

Dave at IceTV

The Skippa (and therefore the remote control) will seem sluggish for a few of minutes after the initial Skippa setup, after a software upgrade and after restarting Skippa, because a lot of background activity occurs during the first couple of minutes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service