Skippa Bug

Started by russell2200, September 23, 2015, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russell2200

Got mine today looks good but seems to be a bug:

I am adding series recordings to the iPhone ice TV app.. they all appear set.  Skipa does not update with the series recordings.

I then re open the iPhone App ... all the shows I set to record as series are no longer shown as recording.

I log into Ive TV web site .. set same shows for series recording , all looks good on web site, all looks good on iPhone app.   30min later go to Skippa to check ... none of them showing up as recording ,  check iPhone app all recording settings again disappeared.

check back on Ice TV web site again all series recording gone again

IanL-S

I suggest you contact IceTV tech support. Not sure if phone is best or it is quicker to post here: https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

EdQld

That's very disappointing! With all the delays we have experienced you would think that they had such basic function working properly  :(

IanL-S

It may be a problem with the IceTV servers ... I have been having issues with timers being downloaded today.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Dave at IceTV

This is not a Skippa or phone app bug or server issue. It is a duplicate account issue.

Hi russell2200,

I have also replied to your IceTV support email. I am replying here so other customers experiencing something similar know why it is happening as it can happen to all IceTV phone apps and all recording devices. 

The problem was that you had 2 IceTV accounts with the same email address. Our system noticed this and alerted me this morning that someone had accessed IceTV with an account using a duplicate email address. I have now deleted your old unused account so there is now only 1 IceTV account with your email address.

All you need to do is reset the IceTV phone app which will force it log in again and download your series and keyword recording status from your active account.

To reset the app:

1. Load the IceTV app.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Tap on "Reset Application".
4. Tap "Yes" at the "Are you sure" popup.
5. The IceTV app will now re-download it's local data.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

russell2200

I agree with Ice TV staff, this seems related to the Ice TV service and not Skippa specifically.

However while trying to resolve the Ice TV issue my Skippa TV screen is now frozen with live audio in the background from the TV show. Powered off Skippa, back on , TV show back up and on screen. Went to choose menu from remote and screen froze again , remote unresponsive and while screen frozen I can hear live audio.

NOT A GOOD START.

The GUI and Skippa itself do seem like a good device and I am an old Tivo user so I am hoping Skippa fills that void ... but not going well so far.

Dave at IceTV

I probably should have suggested you sign out of IceTV and sign in again, when I asked to reset the phone app, but I wasn't sure if it was necessary.

Can you please sign out of IceTV on the Skippa and then after it reboots sign in again.

1. Press Menu on the remote.
2. Scroll down to Settings and press OK.
3. Scroll down to IceTV and press OK.
4. Highlight "Sign out of IceTV" and press OK.
5. Answer yes.
6. If it warns you that it needs to reboot answer yes.
7. As it turns on it will ask you to sign in to IceTV.
8. Select Existing and enter your email address and IceTV password.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

russell2200

Had a phone call from a very friendly Ice Tv support staff member. They have identified whats causing the series TV recoding issue and a fix should be forthcoming.

No further Skippa freeze ups , maybe it was tied in with trying to setup series recordings on upcoming not yet any air date shows.

I have been looking forward to Skippa for ages as a Tivo replacement so I don't mind a few teething issues and hope to see Skippa grow to be a great Australian Tivo replacement.

On another note the TV stations fight companies like Ice TV however my case in question I have not watched TV for ages due to the crap experience , I watch most of my TV straight from paid online streaming services like Apple TV , Netflix etc.  Now with Skippa offering hopefully a better live TV recording and organising experience I am going back to trying to watch live TV AKA via Skippa and Skippa recordings , series recordings and smart suggestions.

So devices like Skippa bring people back to TV

EdQld

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 23, 2015, 12:53:53 PM
This is not a Skippa or phone app bug or server issue. It is a duplicate account issue.

Hi russell2200,

I have also replied to your IceTV support email. I am replying here so other customers experiencing something similar know why it is happening as it can happen to all IceTV phone apps and all recording devices. 

The problem was that you had 2 IceTV accounts with the same email address. Our system noticed this and alerted me this morning that someone had accessed IceTV with an account using a duplicate email address. I have now deleted your old unused account so there is now only 1 IceTV account with your email address.

All you need to do is reset the IceTV phone app which will force it log in again and download your series and keyword recording status from your active account.

To reset the app:

1. Load the IceTV app.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Tap on "Reset Application".
4. Tap "Yes" at the "Are you sure" popup.
5. The IceTV app will now re-download it's local data.

OK, I have installed the IceTV apps on our iPhone and Android phone some time ago, but don't have any IceTV subscriptions. When I receive my Skippa will these existing IceTV Apps cause a similar problem? Do I need to do anything with these Apps when I install my Skippa?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: EdQld on September 23, 2015, 02:43:40 PM
OK, I have installed the IceTV apps on our iPhone and Android phone some time ago, but don't have any IceTV subscriptions. When I receive my Skippa will these existing IceTV Apps cause a similar problem? Do I need to do anything with these Apps when I install my Skippa?

You won't need to do anything extra.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

I had some weirdness last night trying to set recordings for Peaky Blinders. At first I tried to set the recordings from the Android app, and they didn't seem to get set. When I looked at the Web page, there were series recordings set, but they were greyed out with a message saying that they weren't being recorded because they had the wrong time. I then deleted them on the Web page and after a couple of tries I got them set up on my Beyonwiz T4 and DP-Lite.

If you still have logging turned on for my account, you may get something useful from the logs.

No idea whether it's related to the other problems posted here, but it certainly wasn't SKIPPA-related :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

russell2200

Sad .... since getting the Skippa yesterday it has several times frozen and been completely unresponsive to the remote. I get a frozen picture on the TV but live audio still playing from the show. Only way to do anything is to pull the power.

This morning I went to turn ON Skippa , it was on and frozen picture but I could  audio from the show.  I pulled the power , plugged back in and went away for an hour , came back to check and again unit was frozen and unresponsive.   As well all my setup recordings have vanished from Skippa last I checked when it wasn't frozen.

Anyone else seeing these freeze up's ?

IanL-S

Quote from: russell2200 on September 24, 2015, 08:23:35 AM
Sad .... since getting the Skippa yesterday it has several times frozen and been completely unresponsive to the remote. I get a frozen picture on the TV but live audio still playing from the show. Only way to do anything is to pull the power.

This morning I went to turn ON Skippa , it was on and frozen picture but I could  audio from the show.  I pulled the power , plugged back in and went away for an hour , came back to check and again unit was frozen and unresponsive.   As well all my setup recordings have vanished from Skippa last I checked when it wasn't frozen.

Anyone else seeing these freeze up's ?

Time to call IceTV tech support. I suspect that you have a faulty power supply or faulty cable connecting to the HDD. The latter can cause the sort of things you are seeing.

Ian
Synology NAS

russell2200

Yup emailed support no reply back yet

IanL-S

Quote from: russell2200 on September 24, 2015, 09:54:37 AM
Yup emailed support no reply back yet

They do not start work until noon - hours noon to 8 Monday to Friday, noon to 6 Saturday and Sunday.

Ian
Synology NAS