Main Menu

The Block

Started by scotty, August 27, 2015, 10:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty

When the new series of The Block (starting September 9) is added to the EPG can it be listed as "The Block" rather than "The Block: Specific Series".

With previous series of The Block a new series recording needs to be created for each new series as they have been listed as specific series. I would like to be able to create one series recording for The Block and it automatically finds all future series as they come along, without having to create a new series recording.

Scotty

prl

Search-based recordings.

Go to the My Series tab and click on Add New Preferences. Search on Title for just "The Block".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

scotty

Thanks for the tip.

I'm not sure why it can't be treated like any other series though. For example, Top Gear isn't listed as "Top Gear: Season 7".
Survivor also suffers from this same problem with each new season.

Scotty

Paul55

That's because channel nine gives each new series a different name so it appears to be fresh rather than the same old same old.

scotty

Quote from: Paul55 on August 27, 2015, 08:49:10 PM
That's because channel nine gives each new series a different name so it appears to be fresh rather than the same old same old.
IceTV isn't constrained by what channel 9 does though. Ice can list it as whatever they want to make their service more useful to their customers.

Scotty

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

This is a case of Ch 9 originally treating shows like The Block: All Stars as separate spin-offs ie. totally new series rather than just a new season.

Once we started formatting it that way, for the sake of consistency, we stuck to it (The Block, The Block: All Stars, The Block: Sky High, The Block: Fans V Faves).

However, as far as we know, the upcoming show is just called The Block, so we will probably go back to that original title anyway.

eafywan

Or you can do a key word recording of "The Block" which catches them all. This is what we do for Grand Designs, works a treat. Key word "Grand Designs" and "Kevin McCloud" has automatically recorded all the spinoffs so far.