Weird random recordings or not recording

Started by csutak40, July 18, 2015, 01:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

The last week or so, some shows I have set as scheduled recording hasn't  been recording.  No clash that I can see and no clash reported by IceTV. 
One of them is my daily soap - three of which hadn't recorded this week.  Julia Zemiro hasn't recorded the  last two weeks.  It is marked to be recorded (I checked the day before the last one was due) but it doesn't record.  Again, no clash  that I can see.
Then, yesterday a show called "Cherry Healey- How To Get A Life" recorded.  I have never heard of this show. I have not set any recordings manually or otherwise for a while. However,  "The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon", which happens to be the show immediately following this show and is one of my shows scheduled to record, did not.
As I haven't been well, I haven't checked daily and I have heard that he has injured his hand, so maybe there were no shows on, but certainly nothing had recorded since the 29th June.  However, tonight's ep was recorded, FWIW.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

Judy, I assume in the case of the incorrect recording you confirmed that the recording was not misnamed. Not sure if this can happen with your setup, but it does happen with TMS Toppys (2400/2460/2470 etc), although invariably that happens with free to air EPG rather than IceTV.

Oan
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Hi Judy,

You had Inspector George Gently set to only record at midnight. I've fixed that one for you.

Your daytime soaps are currently all repeats and you have those series set to only record new episodes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 18, 2015, 03:14:35 PM
Hi Judy,

You had Inspector George Gently set to only record at midnight. I've fixed that one for you.

Your daytime soaps are currently all repeats and you have those series set to only record new episodes.

Hi Dave

George Gently, I had the repeat marked on purpose, because the first showing was clashing with something else  :-)  As for the soaps...  Are you sure they are repeats?  I have never known those to be repeats in the afternoons.  I have now downloaded the missing ones and they seem to follow on from the previous ones.  It is repeated in the mornings - I actually tried to record an ep one morning when I discovered that it hadn't recorded in the afternoon, but it didn't record (quite possibly because I do have it set for new eps only)
TBH,  I hardly ever watch it (saving it for the nursing home  :P) so they may all be repeats :-)  They seem to be eps shown in May in the US, which sounds about right.
Would you know if there were any new Jimmy Fallon's between June 29  and July 17th?
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on July 18, 2015, 06:16:12 AM
Judy, I assume in the case of the incorrect recording you confirmed that the recording was not misnamed. Not sure if this can happen with your setup, but it does happen with TMS Toppys (2400/2460/2470 etc), although invariably that happens with free to air EPG rather than IceTV.

Oan

These are all on Media Centre and AFAIK the name hasn't changed.  Not sure how it handles misnamed shows, but this sort of thing hasn't happened before.  I suppose it is possible that the time of the show changed at the last minute - didn't check that.
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 18, 2015, 03:14:35 PM
Hi Judy,

P.S.  I just remembered that the show that was clashing with it on Sunday I have now stopped recording (watched it and didn't like it  ::))  So, I can now record Inspector Gently on Sunday  :D
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on July 18, 2015, 06:17:10 PM
P.S.  I just remembered that the show that was clashing with it on Sunday I have now stopped recording (watched it and didn't like it  ::))  So, I can now record Inspector Gently on Sunday  :D
And then the problem goes away, because that's the series final :) Perhaps the final final, given Inspector Gently's health.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on July 18, 2015, 06:42:45 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on July 18, 2015, 06:17:10 PM
And then the problem goes away, because that's the series final :) Perhaps the final final, given Inspector Gently's health.

Oh, thanks for that.  I haven't watched any of the current ones yet.  :-)
Cheers,
Judy

prl

It seems Gently continues next Sunday, but we grab the Tardis and hop back from series 7 just completed to series 3.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing