Skippa Shipping

Started by Mantorok, July 13, 2015, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantorok

What happens if no one's home to answer the door when our Skippas are delivered?  Will they be left at the front door, or will they need to be picked up from the local post office? Or something else?

IanL-S

Good Question!

My previous purchases from IceTV have been delivered by StarTrack - if you are not home they leave a card and you phone to arrange redelivery.

This may not longer be the case. The units involved were Topfield and were sent directly from the Topfield warehouse.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

If you are not home to accept delivery they'll leave a card under your door or in your letterbox with information so you can phone and arrange a delivery time or pick it up.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Mantorok

Thanks Dave

Will we be able to track the Skippa while its in transit?

Regards,
Man took

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Mantorok on July 14, 2015, 03:56:35 PM
Thanks Dave

Will we be able to track the Skippa while its in transit?

Regards,
Man took
Yes, tracking numbers will be available to track the delivery of your SKIPPA™
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Merton Kidd

Quote from: IanL-S on July 13, 2015, 01:28:47 PM
Good Question!

My previous purchases from IceTV have been delivered by StarTrack -

Ian

Delivery by Australia Post Would be good as an option as they can deliver to PO Boxes...also I think Startrack is an Aus Post affiliate, so they can leave at your local Post Office if you are not home.

MK

FMB

Quote from: Merton Kidd on July 14, 2015, 09:59:52 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on July 13, 2015, 01:28:47 PM
Good Question!

My previous purchases from IceTV have been delivered by StarTrack -

Ian

Delivery by Australia Post Would be good as an option as they can deliver to PO Boxes...also I think Startrack is an Aus Post affiliate, so they can leave at your local Post Office if you are not home.

MK

When I placed my order, it wouldn't allow me to put in a PO Box as a delivery address. Kind of annoying considering I would have had a chance to open and play with it at work instead of waiting until I get home.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: FMB on July 15, 2015, 11:02:46 AM
When I placed my order, it wouldn't allow me to put in a PO Box as a delivery address. Kind of annoying considering I would have had a chance to open and play with it at work instead of waiting until I get home.
The 'No PO Box' requirement is because many products we sell are shipped by couriers that don't accept PO Box addresses.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Merton Kidd

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 15, 2015, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: FMB on July 15, 2015, 11:02:46 AM
The 'No PO Box' requirement is because many products we sell are shipped by couriers that don't accept PO Box addresses.

I did email IceTV support and got a reply that Oz Post may still be considered as the Skippa courier....so maybe PO Box deliveries may also be an option when shipping starts?

Mantorok

I'd prefer Oz Post too.  There's usually no one home during the day Monday to Friday which is typically when courier companies make deliveries.  If it was Oz Post then I could just collect the SKIPPA on the weekend from my local Post Office.

injidup

I hope it's not Toll as they won't deliver if you are not at home and you have to go to their depot, which is only open during office hours. They will not deliver at a time convenient to you.

IanL-S

Quote from: injidup on July 20, 2015, 10:28:47 PM
I hope it's not Toll as they won't deliver if you are not at home and you have to go to their depot, which is only open during office hours. They will not deliver at a time convenient to you.

Yes, Toll are painful ... more of business to business rather than business to consumer focus. In my experience, SkyTrack are more consumer focussed.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

monksy

Missed the boat email - When can we expect to receive our Skippa that we ordered in the first road of presales? Mid August or on the death nail of mid August change the date to end of August

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

warkus

;D am only going to say one short teny tiny little comment here and then go back to being silent bob...

It had better end up being worth the wait!!! Lol...

Mark