Scan will not find channel 7 Brisbane

Started by sanmarco, September 29, 2015, 06:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmarco

I have tried both auto and manual scans; turned off; changed leads; re-booted and all things I could think of. 7 is ok with my Beyonwiz and TV.

IanL-S

Have you tried a reset to factory settings? With other PVRs it is possible for settings to become corrupted which can be fixed by a reset to factory settings. To be succeesful you may need to use the Restart function which hopefully will tidy things up further (merely pressing the pow button puts the SKIPPA into sleep mode ... it does not reboot when it comes out.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

sanmarco

Tried the reset; manual scan changed leads but to no avail. Very disillusioned with this product. My old Beyonwiz still works and does not have these problems.
In the absence of a satisfactory solution I will return this unit.

IanL-S

I assume you have discussed this with IceTV technical support?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

sanmarco

Yes I have. But support requires leaving a message for them to ring back which is usually 1 or 2 days.

IanL-S

Quote from: sanmarco on September 30, 2015, 10:00:58 PM
Yes I have. But support requires leaving a message for them to ring back which is usually 1 or 2 days.

Yes, they are a little overwhelmed at the moment with sales matters.

I am at loss to explain what you are experiencing. As I mentioned earlier I have seen this happen, but it usually capable of being fixed by a new EPG scan. My recollection is that all the Transmitters in Brisbane are relatively close together which probably rules out physical obstruction of the signal. Not sure how the scan works, but it is possible that the process used by the SKIPPA looks for the best transmission for a particular network and has found two of equal quality and has been unable to work out which one to use. But I am probably overestimating the sophistication of the scanning process - it does not explain why you manual scan of channel 6 is not finding anything for the 7 Network.

Ian
Synology NAS

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As Ian has said, yes our support and sales load has increased a bit recently so it can take a little longer than usual to get a response back or get through on the phones and we are working with the guys to get this under control so we can continue to provide the great support everyone has come to expect from us.

As for not scanning channel 7, this one is definitely unusual and we are having a look over to see if we have any ideas. Will come back with any suggestions to try.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

sanmarco

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your response. It appears that the tuner may be failing as the only channels watchable are : one; 10; 11; 12; 14 &  15.
All others have a serious loss of signal strength. 7 is still not found. I have checked signal strength at the TV and at the Beyonwiz; both have excellent signal.
The reason I suspect the tuner is that these other unwatchable channels were ok after the first scan.