Current known issues for firmware 1.1.10600

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, October 07, 2015, 09:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This is the current known issues list for firmware version 1.1.10600:

• Updates to IceTV's server can stop occurring (fix is being tested now)
  • When in standby on some machines the clock on the front display doesn't update (fix is being tested now)
  • On some machines after a period of time new recordings will not start (fix is being tested now)
  • Purple screen visible when in standby
  • Specific combinations of Wireless access points and SKIPPA cannot achieve a connection
  • Out of memory error experienced when using HbbTV or Opera TV Store
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

There are widespread reports that add-skipping processing is not working on new recordings on units with this firmware.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 07, 2015, 09:48:29 AM
This is the current known issues list for firmware version 1.1.10600:

• Updates to IceTV's server can stop occurring (fix is being tested now)
  • When in standby on some machines the clock on the front display doesn't update (fix is being tested now)
  • On some machines after a period of time new recordings will not start (fix is being tested now)
  • Purple screen visible when in standby
  • Specific combinations of Wireless access points and SKIPPA cannot achieve a connection
  • Out of memory error experienced when using HbbTV or Opera TV Store
  • AutoSkip doesn't complete processing of recordings (will be fixed in next firmware release)
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

warkus

I'm starting to get the feeling that the new firmware isn't coming and that the staff (Daniel and Dave included) have either been told to stop working on it or have left on their own or been given marching orders...

I really hope that's totally wrong, but it's been very quiet even for them...

At the VERY LEAST why can't UEC just release FTA firmware for this thing.

It would allow people to keep using it and it's what Dave said was the plan...

Comments yesterday from Colin about it being defunct, was that literal, as in its now gone gone, no more firmware or support?

I just want to know either way, whether it's total crap (what I have started to feel may be true as above) or that I'm completely wrong...or even something in between, just so I know... Either way...

Then if it's true, I will play around with trying to put the Altech 9600 firmware onto this unit to see if it works.

If you have ever seen inside of both units, you would know that there is at least a BIG CHANCE it will based on the mainboards being near identical.

Mantorok

Hi warkus,

I've got the same feeling.  Daniel said he would try to release the firmware yesterday but there's no sign of it. I was hoping that the next firmware would make it stable enough that I could trust it to be my primary PVR.  I was also hoping that if the IceTV EPG can be resurrected with a new owner then the Skippa could live on.

If the Skippa is in fact defunct then why not open source the firmware and put it on GitHub or something. Maybe some developers could move it forward since IceTV can't/won't!

BTW, is it possible to install the firmware other than over the internet? eg. via USB drive

IanL-S

I suspect the problem is convincing the OEM to allow the new firmware to be released. The appointment of the administrator, and the apparently outstanding amounts owed to the OEM may mean that there are legal impediments to the release of an updated firmware version.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help