Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrus

Quote from: bridjee on September 29, 2015, 09:24:07 AM
Anyone got a shipping notice from the second batch yet?

Nope. At least I havent :(

bridjee

Quote from: Tyrus on September 30, 2015, 01:10:33 PM
Quote from: bridjee on September 29, 2015, 09:24:07 AM
Anyone got a shipping notice from the second batch yet?

Nope. At least I havent :(

I got nothing from IceTV, so followed up and apparently they are held up in customs.  I followed the lead from a few others and pulled the pin. 

Dan9477

After months of reading the forums and patiently waiting I have had a gut full. I am a glass half full kind if guy but the glass has been sitting around for a long time and gone sour leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. Seriously Icetv you need to get your Sh.. Act together. I could have spent my $399 on something a little more useful than empty promises and appalling communication. One the plus side when I finally get my unit then maybe all the bugs will have been sorted out and it will be worth the wait

Rant over

gas667

Has there been any word on the shipment that was due last Friday? Any communications at all?

The last I remember was that they would definitely be shipped to the customer by the end of September. I gather this has not occurred.

It's easy for the ones who received their Skippas to forget that there are many who are still waiting. :(

Tyrus

Nada.

I heard that there was supposedly another customs delay, which I took to mean that the release of the goods is still pending payment of the import duty & taxes.

Leon K

Sorry - please ignore that last post that I've just deleted!  ;D

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Tyrus on October 02, 2015, 01:27:52 PM
Nada.

I heard that there was supposedly another customs delay, which I took to mean that the release of the goods is still pending payment of the import duty & taxes.

Actually the delays in customs at the moment are due to strike action by customs staff.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

GaryT

Please tell me that there are not still delays in customs as I was told the following by Dave at about 8.00pm yesterday.

"Hi Gary,

Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.

Sorry for all of the delays. All Skippas have finally arrived at the Sydney warehouse. The Skippas were on track to arrive late last week and be posted last Monday, the 28th, but they were delayed at Sydney International Airport for 5 days due to the airport workers and customs daily 4 hour stop-work strikes since the 21st. Thankfully all of the Skippas have been released from customs now and have arrived at the warehouse. All orders have been sent to the warehouse for processing and packaging. Tracking numbers will be sent by Australia Post instead of directly from IceTV. You will be sent a tracking number from Australia Post once they have picked up the parcel and scanned it in at their parcel sorting centre late Friday or Tuesday (assuming the Post Office don't work on public holidays).

Best Regards,

Dave
IceTV Support Team"

Tyrus

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 02, 2015, 01:33:49 PM
Quote from: Tyrus on October 02, 2015, 01:27:52 PM
Nada.

Actually the delays in customs at the moment are due to strike action by customs staff.

Fair enough, but then why keep us in the dark until after another deadline is blown?  All that does is piss off everyone that is still waiting.

warkus

They have sent an email out this afternoon - I'm assuming everyone involved would have gotten it or will be getting it shortly...

It details stock, supply and also firmware update pending for Tuesday 1.1.10600

Mark

warkus

Dear SKIPPA® Community,

We're pleased to confirm that our backlog of SKIPPA® orders has finally been cleared. Australia Post will be sending tracking numbers on Tuesday due to the long weekend in New South Wales.

We've had some unexpected delays, both in the factory and with the current strike at Customs. But we have plenty of supply now in our warehouse to fulfill every order.

This has been a frustrating time for all of us. We appreciate all of you who reached out with reports, questions and feedback, especially those who took time to give us valuable feedback after starting up your SKIPPA®.

IceTV has an extraordinary community of "power users" with a deep technical understanding. Your feedback on our Forum and Customer Support has helped us prioritise issues quickly. IceTV is an Australian company and remains committed to responding promptly to your feedback.

We will be releasing a new software update on Tuesday (version 1.1.10600) for your SKIPPA®, which addresses some of the problems you reported. You can wait for your SKIPPA® to update automatically (usually within 24 hours from release, but you must press OK in the pop-up to update) or do an immediate update via Settings/Device Info. We'll release further software updates this month, adding new functions and improving your SKIPPA®.

From all of us here at IceTV, thanks again for your patience, loyalty and support.

Regards & success,
Heinz Herrmann, CEO

spinifex

Has anyone actually received a tracking number today? I know we didn't.  :(

Mac37

Not us either - Invoice Number 202153  :'(
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

sharlee

spinifex