Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dooboy

Patiently waiting but concerned...
the email says:

"Due to greater than expected demand for SKIPPA pre-orders, delivery of the initial production run has been delayed. We now anticipate that we will begin fulfilling orders in mid-August.
We apologise sincerely and are working hard to deliver pre-orders as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we have extended our pre-order offer.
"

I thought the pre-order was a special deal for the first 1000 - so how can it be over subscribed? Shouldn't pre-orders stop once 1000 is reached and they are made and delivered as promised - and then further orders are just "normal" orders.

The fact that they have extended the pre-order may actually mean that at the moment they have not received 1000 orders and are stalling to try and get more orders so they can then build and deliver the first 1000.

All conjecture I know - my main gripe is the lack of creditable information explaining what is happening - I know their email is an attempt at explaining it but it just doesn't ring true (with me)

Doo

IanL-S

There have been several pre-release offers.

for the first 1000 units the price was $399 plus delivery (includes lifetime IceTV and lifetime Skippa subscriptions)

after the first 1000 units - $499 (includes lifetime IceTV and lifetime Skippa subscriptions)

after the first 1000 units - $399 (includes lifetime IceTV subscription and one year Skippa subscriptions, pay-as-you go Skippa subscription after first year)

In this context 'lifetime' means life of the particular Skippa unit.

Ian

Hope this clarifies things.

IAn
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

SteveGee

Well... Dash and darn..................

Or maybe not !!

I was going to Pre-Order before Tuesday and then it completely slipped my mind.

I remembered just a few minutes ago when I received the email stating that they won't be shipping until late August.

I can pay for one now, at the "regular" price, which only includes three months of "Skippa".

As they say, thanks but no thanks.

I can see absolutely no advantage in paying full price for a unit that won't be shipping for another month.

Like I said, I WAS going to pre-order, at the lower than "regular" price, and for that discount you take the risks that the unit may not ship for a while, or that it might turn out to be a dog.

However, without a discount I can see no earthly reason to pre-order one now.

My strategy will therefore be to wait until those first pre-orders HAVE shipped and see what the reviews are like and then base my decision to purchase or not based on the actual shipping unit.

Worse case is that after the first run is air-freighted I might have to wait three or four weeks for the second batch to be sea-freighted.

And this second batch may have tweaks that the pre-order consumers have identified as being required from the first batch !

But pay full price now for a yet-to-be-shipped unit ??   No thanks !!

SG

Tyrus

We now anticipate that we will begin fulfilling orders in mid-August.

How about a mid-August update please?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Tyrus on August 12, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
We now anticipate that we will begin fulfilling orders in mid-August.

How about a mid-August update please?

Hi Tyrus,

It was mid-August for about 24 hours. The news was something along the lines of 'delayed until mid-August but we're expecting a confirmation in the next day or two'. Then the next day the delivery ETA was confirmed as being the last week of August. And yes, we're still on for the last week of August.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

EdQld

"we're still on for the last week of August."

Thanks for the update Dave, fingers crossed  ;)

IanL-S

Yes, that is good news. Fortunately with the help of warkus I managed to resurrect my failing TRF-2400 so it is not as urgent as it was at my end.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

IanL-S

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 12, 2015, 08:05:32 PM
It was mid-August for about 24 hours. The news was something along the lines of 'delayed until mid-August but we're expecting a confirmation in the next day or two'. Then the next day the delivery ETA was confirmed as being the last week of August. And yes, we're still on for the last week of August.

Dave, I would appreciate guidance on what is meant by 'last week of August'; it it the last full week (Monday to Friday; week beginning 24 August), or last 7 days of August (some time between 25 and 31 August)? As there is only 10 days of August to go, is there any firmer indication of when orders will start shipping?

Ian
Synology NAS

bodogbodog

Quote from: IanL-S on August 21, 2015, 03:44:04 PMis there any firmer indication of when orders will start shipping?
Ian - I just got an IceTV email about the Skippa having been reviewed and it has the headline "Skippa ships next week" - so I guess there's your answer
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

EdQld

Are we there yet?

Last week of August has arrived and after a Very long Gestation, the birth of triplets is eagerly awaited, following on from the earlier disappointment of scans promising quadruplets not being accurate

The birth of little Skippa is just days away hopefully  :)

bodogbodog

Quote from: EdQld on August 24, 2015, 10:15:34 AM
The birth of little Skippa is just days away hopefully  :)

Much like a marsupial I think Skippa is actually born already - we're now just waiting for them to emerge from the mothers pouch!
I guess I'm expecting it to be a little wobbly with it's first few hops as well...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

Just got a IceTV - What's On This Week email and it says Skippa is shipping this week.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

Today it is three months since I made by pre-order (25 May 2015). Still no information on firm shipping date.

Ian
Synology NAS

goulst48

Likewise - ordered (and paid for) my Skippa on 25 May, so 3 months waiting already.  Sure hope it comes this week so I can junk my s**tbox Panasonic.
Skippa owner, any day now.....

zoszos68

Same here 3 months and counting.
I just hope I get an email soon with a tracking number so then at least I know it's on it's way.

Kevin