Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrus

Pre-ordered SKIPPAs will start shipping to customers from the 27th.

Can you please elaborate on this?  e.g.  how long do you expect it will take for ALL the pre-orders to ship?

I'm assuming they will be shipped on a first-come-first-served basis and as I only ordered mine a month ago, I'm trying to estimate how long before it's likely received.

IanL-S

Quote from: Tyrus on July 17, 2015, 08:10:48 AM
Pre-ordered SKIPPAs will start shipping to customers from the 27th.

Can you please elaborate on this?  e.g.  how long do you expect it will take for ALL the pre-orders to ship?

I'm assuming they will be shipped on a first-come-first-served basis and as I only ordered mine a month ago, I'm trying to estimate how long before it's likely received.

Yes, some elaboration would be useful. The speed will depend on the amount of preparation that has already been done, for example if the shipping labels are done in advance of receipt of the units, if there is a final local testing before shipment, and any constraints imposed by courier on the number of units shipped each day. Presumably the account details are already in the system, differentiating which units come with lifetime Skippa subscriptions and those that only have one year and so on.

Ian

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

FMB

Seriously people! Your Skippa will arrive when it arrives. You can't micro-manage it because it's outside your control and there is no point speculating about IceTV's logistics.

My guess is that they will receive a shipment into their warehouse, they will print and attach labels (probably in some totally random order just to annoy people), they will group them by region and call the courier company to collect and deliver them.

I'm just waiting for July 28 when one of you lot starts a thread called 'Where's my Skippa?'.

Just be patient.

IanL-S

Quote from: FMB on July 17, 2015, 09:31:18 AM
I'm just waiting for July 28 when one of you lot starts a thread called 'Where's my Skippa?'.

Yes, that is bound to happen! How about sending first to those in remote areas slower delivery) so that we all get them about the same time? ;D

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Tyrus

Quote from: FMB on July 17, 2015, 09:31:18 AM
Seriously people! Your Skippa will arrive when it arrives. You can't micro-manage it because it's outside your control and there is no point speculating about IceTV's logistics.

Not at all!  I'm not querying their warehouse dispatch logistics - I am seeking clarification on their production ability to fulfill the large backlog of pre-orders and how long that is expected to take? 

2 weeks? 4 weeks? 3 months? 

The reason I ask is that the last "pre-order" I purchased (another manufacturer) did in fact take over 3 months to get from their advertised shipment release date.

A reasonable question I would have thought?

Likkie

Its been 3 days since anyone posted in this thread! 

Is everyone OK?  Do I need to call an ambulance?

injidup

I feel a bit weird.

But that's just me.

I'd get your phone ready for a week on Friday though. There may be some high blood pressure risk.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Tyrus on July 17, 2015, 10:40:24 AM
Not at all!  I'm not querying their warehouse dispatch logistics - I am seeking clarification on their production ability to fulfill the large backlog of pre-orders and how long that is expected to take? 

2 weeks? 4 weeks? 3 months? 
I honestly have no idea. Once they start shipping I'll have better idea.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Rat

So have they arrived in the Sydney warehouse yet and if so how many? If they are going to ship on Monday then they would need to be there today or tomorrow so you can spend the weekend putting postage labels on them.

Not much feedback on how the family and friends testing went. How is the manual proof reading going? Will that be uploaded before Monday?

SpocksBeer

A user on Whirlpool is claiming the IceTV "sales team" have told him the units haven't shipped from the manufacturer yet, and that they're expecting a two week delay.

Any truth to that, IceTV?

FMB

Quote from: SpocksBeer on July 24, 2015, 08:45:22 AM
A user on Whirlpool is claiming the IceTV "sales team" have told him the units haven't shipped from the manufacturer yet, and that they're expecting a two week delay.

I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet that what you read is correct. IceTV seems to have gone to ground. They said they hoped to have the manual online by Monday. It's now Friday and there's no sign of it. Not only that, no-one from IceTV has posted anything on here since. There's something they're not telling us.

I have to words for you IceTV: Customer Service.

IanL-S

The lack of up-to-date information is frustrating.

To be fair to those IceTV staff that frequent the Forum, they are (I believe) part of the Technical Support team and are neither involved in the Skippa technical development program, or with the sales or logistics functions within IceTV. On the latter issues they can only post here what they have been told.

How about some off-the-planet speculation: The OEM building the SKIPPA is located in Indonesia and the recent volcanic activity has grounded all cargo planes. Not as silly as it sounds, some Topfield PVRs are built in Indonesia.

Ian

PS I see the latest iOS App update is said to be SKIPPA compliant - whatever that means.
Synology NAS

csutak40

Quote from: SpocksBeer on July 24, 2015, 08:45:22 AM

Well, that is not some  private info he told us about - it is an email from IceTV that they sent to all their subscribers (mine arrived at 5.17pm):

Due to greater than expected demand for SKIPPA pre-orders, delivery of the initial production run has been delayed. We now anticipate that we will begin fulfilling orders in mid-August.

We apologise sincerely and are working hard to deliver pre-orders as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have extended our pre-order offer

As to why no info on here, you can make up your own minds
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Vortical

I haven't received that email yet and it's after 6pm WA time.

This pvr better be worth the wait.

warkus

I'm in WA too but I did get it...

Lol, that's what I said in the other thread, oh boy it I hope so.

i really really really really really really really hope so x infinity plus a million plus 1

😛