Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: FMB on July 08, 2015, 03:47:54 PM
So what you're saying is that every time I go to watch a show I've previously recorded, it has to connect over the internet to IceTV's servers and confirm that my subscription is paid up. It then sends the result back to my Skippa to confirm that I can watch the show ad free?

What sort of lag time is that going to cause?

I can see the on screen message now: Please wait while we check if you owe us money.
No time lag at all. Skippa checks in with IceTV once each day in the early morning.

I assume if the account was expired then it might check in more often to see if the subscription has been renewed (maybe once every 15 or 30 minutes).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

So no ad skip if you watch a program you recorded earlier the same day?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

FMB

Quote from: prl on July 08, 2015, 05:40:06 PM
So no ad skip if you watch a program you recorded earlier the same day?

That's not what he said. Skippa will check each morning that you have a valid subscription. If you do, you can watch edited shows. If you don't, you'll watch the unedited version. Pretty simple really.

SkippaBeat

Can you confirm that you are still on schedule for a July (2015  ;) )delivery?

Any problems cropped up with testing?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: SkippaBeat on July 09, 2015, 10:27:28 AM

Pre-ordered SKIPPAs will start shipping to customers from the 27th.

No problems found. Just a couple of words in menus that we want changed to make them consistent. 
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Excellent news
Can't wait to get my hands on it
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

SkippaBeat

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 11, 2015, 05:16:57 PM
Quote from: SkippaBeat on July 09, 2015, 10:27:28 AM

Pre-ordered SKIPPAs will start shipping to customers from the 27th.

No problems found. Just a couple of words in menus that we want changed to make them consistent.

Thanks Dave.  Think this news is what we've been hoping to hear.

FMB

That is certainly good news.

Any word yet on whether the pre-order customers will get early access to the user manual. I like to download and read the user manual before buying a product so I can get a head start on setting it up and learning about the features.

E-mailing it to us will be fine.  :)

IanL-S

Quote from: FMB on July 13, 2015, 11:13:18 AM
Any word yet on whether the pre-order customers will get early access to the user manual. I like to download and read the user manual before buying a product so I can get a head start on setting it up and learning about the features.

I agree, the manual should be available not later than next Monday.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

The manual just needs a final proof reading. Then it will be downloadable at skippa.tv/manual
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Rat

I just downloaded a pdf from the link on my phone and the pdf read manual coming soon. Just to save others from wasting their time.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Rat on July 14, 2015, 01:05:59 AM
I just downloaded a pdf from the link on my phone and the pdf read manual coming soon. Just to save others from wasting their time.
Is that really a surprise?
As Dave said "The manual just needs a final proof reading. Then it will be downloadable at skippa.tv/manual" ie future tense - "will be" as opposed to "is"
I'm sure someone will check regularly and let us all know when the manual is available
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

FMB

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 13, 2015, 04:29:58 PM
The manual just needs a final proof reading. Then it will be downloadable at skippa.tv/manual

I've been proofreading for over 30 years. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, flow, logic. You name I can check it. If you'd like someone to go over it, just send me a copy.

Rat

Yes Bob it was a surprise that the link actually opened a .pdf document. I expected a dead link until the real manual was uploaded. So I posted to let others know, is that okay with you?

FMB

Quote from: Rat on July 14, 2015, 02:51:31 PM
Yes Bob it was a surprise that the link actually opened a .pdf document. I expected a dead link until the real manual was uploaded. So I posted to let others know, is that okay with you?

It shouldn't have been a surprise. It makes perfect sense to have a blank PDF there so when the real one is finished, they can simply swap out the blank one for the real one. Much easier than activating a page, it's just an FTP upload.