Problems with website etc?

Started by TT33, May 19, 2015, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markb

Quote from: Flyeroz on May 24, 2015, 02:09:45 PM
I'm using Topfield TRF2400.
FYI, I have a 7100HDPlus which is essentially the same as a 2400. I was still missing some of my recordings by Thu last week and I could not add them manually by deleting/re-adding etc. So I followed the procedure at http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22468327-How-do-I-clear-out-the-cached-guide-and-reservations-and-force-an-update-without-a-factory-reset- which fixed all my issues. That just requires a rescan of your service list and to re-add your ice account, not a factory reset which I was loathe to do.

IanL-S

Quote from: Flyeroz on May 24, 2015, 02:09:45 PM
I'm using Topfield TRF2400.

IanL-S - it's not an issue with LCN's . I selected the correct LCN for each channel.

I have not had this sort of problem. Occasionally my Toppys (2 x 2400 and 2 x 7100+) refuse to accept manual timers, and if I check the timer listing new timers are not downloading. I suspect this may have something to do with my manually combining timers and/or changing LCNs when I have consecutive timers on the same LCN (eg change from LCN 2 to LCN 21, or LCN 7 to LCN 70). To fix the problem, I have to do a service reset and new service scan. Then resend timers via the IceTV www site.

Update: There is a 'bug' in the Topfield firmware that will sometimes not let you reschedule a previously deleted timer. While the timer does not appear in the timer listing it is still listed as scheduled by the firmware. I suspect it is something to do with the the ram not being properly flushed. Such 'timers' do not record.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Leon K

FLyeroz - The Timers are linked to the LCN's on the Topfields, so re-scanning them in deletes all the timers attached, and then you can resend the recordings from IceTV and they will attach.

Markb - Occasionally there will arise a phantom timer that does not appear in the timer list (as Ian-L is saying) , in which case the fail-proof way to clear out all timers is to factory reset. Which is not as painful as it sounds - it essentially just add's the step of re-connecting to your network again before scanning in the channels and logging into IceTV.

Most of the time you can simply erase the timers from the timer list on the Topfield, wait 40 mins to make sure the sync between IceTV and the Topfield is up to date, and then re-send them. However in the event of a "phantom" timer blocking the re-sent timers, it's best to perform the reset as above.

Flyeroz

Thanks Leon. It's a pain to have to re-scan all services when only one or two of all timers are not working. Worse of all sometimes they will work, sometimes they will not. When I'm away this is too much of a hassle for my wife to do.
I did a reset last night & one timer did not go off again today. Will see if the same thing happens tomorrow. Otherwise will have to do factory reset, just to be sure.
Quote from: Leon Kowalski on May 25, 2015, 12:17:50 PM

Most of the time you can simply erase the timers from the timer list on the Topfield, wait 40 mins to make sure the sync between IceTV and the Topfield is up to date, and then re-send them.
- that should work in theory, but it sometimes it doesn't.

Eelsfan05

My Toppy 2400 has stabilised now as well. In the future a precautionary email advising that there may be problems etc might avoid people missing recordings.

JPP

Quote from: Leon Kowalski on May 25, 2015, 12:17:50 PM
Most of the time you can simply erase the timers from the timer list on the Topfield, wait 40 mins to make sure the sync between IceTV and the Topfield is up to date, and then re-send them. However in the event of a "phantom" timer blocking the re-sent timers, it's best to perform the reset as above.
I find that a simple deletion of all the timers and then a resend works every time.

BUT....you must disconnect from the network for this to work properly.

I use the following steps:

• Disconnect from ICETV - either unplug your internet connection or deselect IECTV in the setup Menu.
  • Delete all timers on the Toppy
  • Go to your account on the ICETV website and Resend all timers
  • Reconnect your internet connection or enable ICTV on the Toppy

The logic behind this procedure is avoiding ICTV seeing that you have deleted a timer as it interprets that as you no longer wanting to record that particular program and deletes (no longer sends) the timer(s) for it from its data base. When you send the Resend command, it assumes that you have lost all your timers and doesn't query the Toppy to check for deletion of existing timers.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

vader1111

This problem seems to have reappeared for me today.  All of my reservations for the next 6 days are showing as greyed out, though next Monday's reservations appear to be correct.

The problem started with tonight's episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which was showing as greyed (despite being a new episode).  I tried scheduling it as a single episode, but it still showed up as grey.  Now all of my timers for the next 6 days have the same problem.

To the Admins - can you please send us an email when IceTV is having major system problems like these, partly to alert us to the problem (allowing us to put manual workarounds in place) and partly so that we know you're aware of it and are working to solve the problem.  This is a standard operating procedure with most companies and I don't know why IceTV should be any different.

eafywan

I have only just noticed this issue as of today. Some timers are showing that they are set up and ready to record however other random timers are greyed out. I get the message saying "This show is part of a series recording but will not be recorded." but this is not a repeat episode.

I will check the PVR when I get home from work but suspect that some of our shows may not have recorded over the last few days if this has been happening since the 20th.

Any updates on this issue, will re-sending all timers to the PVR sort it? We have a Beyonwiz DP-Lite.

TT33

Yep...seems to have happened again to me.

Most of the programs I had scheduled to record this week have disappeared from the 'My Week' ICE TV screen, and those that are still there are 'Queued'.

Dave

Yep.
It's happened again.
The only thing I have scheduled now is the NEWS each night.
Not Happy Jan.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

IanL-S

Same here - most recordings (series) are showing as not to be recorded (TRF2400 and TF7100HDPVRt).

Glad I checked the Forum or a would be in really bad trouble with this.

Ian

PS Fortunately I have backup that does not rely on IceTV Interactive for scheduling.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

vader1111

Now Sunday's timers/reservations have reappeared, along with Monday's (which never disappeared).  However, all of the timers for the next 5 days - those which had already been sent - are still greyed out.

kazz

Quote from: TT33 on May 26, 2015, 03:57:13 PM
Yep...seems to have happened again to me.

Most of the programs I had scheduled to record this week have disappeared from the 'My Week' ICE TV screen, and those that are still there are 'Queued'.

Yep same here, missed two recordings today, luckily they're still programed on the tivo in the bedroom system.

Paul55

Here we go again. It's Tuesday and most of my recordings for the rest of the week are f*%#ed up again. And again, no communication for IceTV - this isn't good enough!!
We had the mea culpa last week and "we'll do better next time".
Stop mucking around and get it right!

mattyd

>:( >:(

Again all my timers for the rest of the week have gone.  Luckily I checked today and got home early enough to save tonight;s recordings of news and ACA.

It's prob worth logging another call with ICE so they have it logged in their system.

It would be nice to have some sort of status notification on top of their page.