Problems with website etc?

Started by TT33, May 19, 2015, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eelsfan05

My recordings still aren't working and there is random conflict timers where there is no reason to be. Something still isn't right.

prl

Quote from: Eelsfan05 on May 20, 2015, 09:55:06 PM
My recordings still aren't working and there is random conflict timers where there is no reason to be. Something still isn't right.
I had similar problems on my Beyonwiz DP-Lite and DP-P2, but a clear timers/resend all timers seems to have fixed it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

RubberChicken

I seemed fortunate. After deleting the number of unrequested extra timers for Wednesday night, and then recreating legitimate times that were deleted as well I then fired the Wiz P1 up around 4pm and all the timers loaded in correctly. I did not have to resend all timers and I'm not seeing any conflicts. I did get a reply from support where I was told to expect conflicts reported in the app and online for a few days but they should be ignored.

RubberChicken

As a suggestion to IceTV. Better that users expect a problem and don't see it than get an unexpected issue with not a lot of communication on it, initially. I suspected a major structural change was behind it and so it was. Warn us next time and at least customers will be prepared in case there is an issue.

prl

Quote from: RubberChicken on May 21, 2015, 10:37:48 AM
... I was told [by IceTV support] to expect conflicts reported in the app and online for a few days but they should be ignored.

I disagree about ignoring them. It can be up to 5 days, if there were errors in the furthest-off scheduled recordings, and the presence of the conflicts prevents IceTV from sending updates to the "conflicted, but actually not conflicted" timers. The fact that these timers no longer match the times in the IceTV EPG database also means that you can get shows flagged on the IceTV Web as recording that don't actually have a recording set for them. They appear because the old timer on the PVR can now overlap with adjoining shows, and make the Web page flag them as being recorded.

This morning I successfully cleared and resent all the timers on my DP-Lite and DP-P2 and got rid of all the conflicts.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on May 21, 2015, 10:53:54 AM
This morning I successfully cleared and resent all the timers on my DP-Lite and DP-P2 and got rid of all the conflicts.
That worked for me as well yesterday, but I am having more trouble with the Topfield. Half the time I cannot get a successful connection with the Ice server. For example it just took about 10 minutes to connect to the Ice server after power on from standby, and if it doesn't connect straight away then the EPG stays blank until the next EPG update (about an hour) and no chance of transfer of scheduled timers.

Maybe just a matter of waiting until server load or capacity is back to normal.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Dave at IceTV

Hi guys,

The advice IceTV Support has given to any individual customer may relate only to that customer's recorder or the state of their schedules. Different recorders can need different solutions.

• Some PVRs like the Humax will have all of the recordings scheduled already, but the website and phone apps are showing (false) errors.
  • Other PVRs like the DP series Beyonwiz and Topfields may have some schedules missing and need some user intervention to resolve.
Basically, if all of your shows are scheduled correctly on your recorder you don't need to do anything. Any false errors on the website and phone app will clear themselves out within 5 few days.

But if you do have some schedules missing, on your recorder, the best solution depends on how many are missing.

• If there are only a few schedules missing on the recorder then the easiest solution is to manually set a single recording for each missing schedule from the guide on the recorder. All future recordings will be set automatically by IceTV as normal.
  • If there are lots of schedules missing you may be better off clearing all schedules off the recorder and resending them from My Account on the website.
The steps for option 2 vary from simple to complicated depending on the recorder.
In all cases, check the schedules that are actually on your recorder. If there are any extra or unwanted schedules on your recorder you can just delete those off the recorder itself.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

digmans

To the good people at IceTV:  We've all paid for a service which we didn't receive for 2 days.  Please extend our subscriptions by at least 2 days.  Also, please send out an email explaining what happened.  It's likely that most of your subscribers haven't visited this forum, and are wondering why some of their recordings are missing.

Flyeroz

It has been going on for too long.
Now I can't manually set recordings as I get "same event is already scheduled"
So it is a Russian roulette what records & what doesn't.
Doing a full channel reset every time you want to add or remove a recording is just ridiculous.
At least you can notify users about a problem & expected fix date.
Not everyone visits forums.

bodogbodog

Mine seems to have stabilised (I hope I am not speaking too soon) - recording seem to be "sticking" and not reporting errors
In the end I ended up deleting the troublesome series (it was a small minority of my overall recordings) and rescheduling them
It has not been an enjoyable 3-4 days - WAF is low
Fingers crossed
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

Quote from: Flyeroz on May 24, 2015, 01:49:22 AM
<<<SNIP>>
Now I can't manually set recordings as I get "same event is already scheduled"
<<<SNIP>>>

What brand and model PVR are you using? I get this regularly when I try to schedule a program on LCN21 when it is already scheduled on LCN2 (ABC). Similar issues with other sercices with multiple LCN (Seven: 7, 70, 71; One: 1, 12; SBS 1 (3, 33, 30). This is standard behaviour with Topfield PVRs.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Leon K

Hey Guys,

Sorry again for the inconvenience - the problem from the server switchover that Daniel explained has been resolved, so all should be back to normal - Essentially if you haven't tried to correct any of the problems over the last few days the scheduling notifications will be back to normal again from Tuesday when those timers that were set after the server changeover become current.

Flyeroz - yes we will put out an email to everyone explaining what has happened.. If your timers are set on your PVR then you can ignore those messages until Tuesday, as explained above. If however you wish to clear everything up right now, you can factory reset your Device (without saving settings), and then once up and running again simply resend all recordings from the website and within an hour they should all be there again and back to business as usual. Let me know if you need a hand with this. Sounds like you might be using a Topfield, if so you can check this page out: http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20177028-how-do-i-clear-out-the-cached-guide-and-force-an-upd

Digmans - Yes thats a good suggestion - I will put it into the good people that make those decisions!

bodogbodog - Glad to hear things are working again on your side.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flyeroz on May 24, 2015, 01:49:22 AM
Doing a full channel reset every time you want to add or remove a recording is just ridiculous.
With your Topfield, you would only need to reset the channel list once (after last Wednesday - if you did it before Wednesday night you would need to do again, once more). Deleting the channels is only required because the Topfield has no other way to delete reservations without the Topfield then refusing to set those deleted reservations again when resent from IceTV.

If you are in an area that can receive TV signals from multiple transmitters and your Topfield finds duplicate channels, or regional and city channels, you should do a manual search for each of the 5 or 6 TV network channels so the Topfield only finds the one set of channels.

With other recorders you can clear or delete the timers (schedules), wait until after the recorder has done it's next download (wait over an hour to be safe), then resend all recordings from My Recorders in My Account on the website.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flyeroz

I'm using Topfield TRF2400.

IanL-S - it's not an issue with LCN's . I selected the correct LCN for each channel.

Leon Kowalski - "If your timers are set on your PVR then you can ignore those message" - that's the problem - the timers were set, but not recording. Deleting them from the recorder & fetching again did not fix the problem. Removing the recording from my "My Week/Manage Shows" removes them from the list, but then, despite nothing showing in "Reservation" I get  "same event is already scheduled".
One or two times I was able to manually set the recording from Topfield itself it still did not record.
The only solution is to clear out the cached guide and force an update. But even this fails occasionally.

This morning was the first time in about 5~6 days the reservations worked fine.
Hopefully it will be OK, but still it would be nice to get an email stating there are some issues from IceTV end.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flyeroz on May 24, 2015, 02:09:45 PM
This morning was the first time in about 5~6 days the reservations worked fine.
Excellent. Everyone else's should also be fully back to normal by late today, or late Tuesday for Beyonwiz T3s.

Quote from: Flyeroz on May 24, 2015, 02:09:45 PM
Hopefully it will be OK, but still it would be nice to get an email stating there are some issues from IceTV end.
We dropped the ball by not informing customers of this issue. Sorry about that. We have learnt from our mistakes and intend setting up processes to alert all customers of possible issues in future. I want customers to be able to find and receive status information via various medium so anyone who doesn't visit the forums or twitter or facebook pages etc. will still be informed or be able to find the information they need.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service