Recordings - issues

Started by Rimam100, April 28, 2015, 08:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimam100

Got probs with my Humax 7500T 1 TB model. It's 17 months old and the issues have occurred in the past couple of months. On starting the pvr, I get either a 'channel scrambled/not available' or 'No programmes currently being broadcast on this channel' message. Fortunately it only takes 3 or 4 minutes and the channel appears, but it is an issue nonetheless.
More significantly, parts of recordings (some, not all) are missing. Sometimes it's the start of the program, but it's most commonly randomly within the program that it has lost part of it. I've had various recording times as a result, such 0 minutes, 9 minutes, 17, and 45, for shows that are at least an hour. It's no different if the program time is shorter or longer, some recordings are fine, some are not fully recorded.
I have contacted icetv support, who suggested a factory reset, and I took it to Humax after that didn't work, who also factory reset and reinstalled all software updates, but no luck.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Rohan,

This sounds like the the Humax PVR has developed a hardware fault. Only Humax would know for sure which part would cause those symptoms.

Or you may actually have a problem with the antenna signal that is getting to the PVR. Bypass any boosters or surge protector boards that have ant-in/ant-out connections. Replace any gender adaptors and joiners with a single good quality antenna cable. e.g. Run a single, known good, antenna cable directly from your wall socket to the PVR. And not one of those cheap white coloured cables.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service