Fortitude Episode 6 ABC 22 March - early start

Started by raymondjpg, March 23, 2015, 03:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

It's rare that I need to rely on 10 minutes pre-padding to catch the start of a show, and doubly rare that it is needed for a show broadcast on ABC or SBS. Yet I needed it for Fortitude Episode 6 shown on ABC last night 22 March which started seven minutes earlier than the scheduled time of 9.30 pm on IceTV Interactive, or the xml guide downloaded as late as 6.30 pm.

The ninemsn tv guide had the show starting at 9.20 pm, and the ABC EPG web site at 9.23 pm. The actual start time maybe delayed by some three minutes of ABC self-promotion which they are wont to do. I acknowledge that I checked these start times this morning, after the event, but I see no reason why either site would have changed them in retrospect.

I suspect the re-scheduling had something to do with the late introduction of "Malcolm Fraser: Life Wasn't Meant To Be Easy", but the reconfigured start times of shows following this doesn't appear to have been picked up by Ice.

I'm not normally one to complain, but I don't think Ice were up to scratch on this one. I should add that I have generally been impressed by Ice's updates on scheduled start times lately, particularly as reflected in the xml guide  that I download routinely at 2.00 pm daily.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Kate at IceTV

Hi Raymond,

You are correct – the late addition of the Malcolm Fraser documentary affected the start times for the following programs. Unfortunately, while ABC did advise us of the Fraser change, at that time Fortitude was still listed at the original start time of 9.30pm, and no further amendments were received.

I am pleased your pre-padding worked, and that you did not miss any of the show.

markb

Quote from: Kate at IceTV on March 23, 2015, 04:44:21 PM
I am pleased your pre-padding worked, and that you did not miss any of the show.
I missed the start of Broadchurch (the program immediately before Fortitude) due to this issue. :(

I only use 2 min padding. I think I recall missing the start last week as well? 2 mins is normally plenty because programs almost never start early.