Device Expiry

Started by A_G, March 04, 2015, 12:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_G

When I look at my account I get a message "Your device's account will expire on May 16, 2015 (in 73 days)."

Does anyone have any ideas? I am paid up for a lot longer than that...

prl

I think it's the date your free subscription for the device expires.

The device I got for T3 beta testing is now showing as "Your device's account expired on Sep 18, 2014 (166 days ago)." My actual IceTV account is paid out a few years ahead, and IceTV for the device is still working.

I agree that it is a bit confusing, and I wouldn't like to guess what the exact meaning of the warning is.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Leon K

Hi A_G

Prl is correct,

We have 2 different types of subscriptions:

- 'Regular Subscriptions', which support up to 5 devices. (this is the date shown under your account page.)
- 'Device Subscriptions', which only support 1 device per subscription, and is linked to that device itself. (this is the date shown next to that device under the My Recorders page.)

You are able to have a combination of the two, offering more flexibility, as many of our customers do.

The renewal notice you received is for the device itself. If you also have a Regular Subscription (with less than 5 devices currently attached to it) when the device subscription lapses, it will automatically fall under the umbrella of the Regular Subscription. (It's seamless and no timers will be lost)

Cheers,
Leon

A_G

Excellent.  :)

A bit confusing but as long as all is good!

Thanks guys.

prl

Hi, Leon.

Thanks for the clarification.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing