Humax folders

Started by htdave, February 26, 2015, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

htdave

Hey Guys,

We have a Humax 1TB 7500T PVR connected to iceTV

It used to save shows into folders, however, we had to perform a a factory reset (without formatting hard drive), and since then, it is just dumping all shows into the root folder.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Dave

Dave at IceTV

The Humax keeps a hidden file on it's hard drive for each series so it knows which recordings to save into folders. Resetting the Humax removes these hidden files.

Try clicking on 'Resend all recordings' for your Humax from My Account > My Recorders on the website. You know if that worked until the next series records.

Otherwise the only way to recreate them for existing series is to do the following:

• Go to Manage Shows on the website.
  • Optionally, make each show a Favourite (this will make things easier later).
  • Delete each series.
  • Leave the Humax turned on for 40 minutes.
  • Recreate each deleted series. If you made them favourites in step 2 they will all be listed in Manage Shows.
  • Leave the Humax turned on for 40 minutes.
  • Optionally you can remove the favourite setting on your shows to make My Week appear cleaner.

You can backup those hidden 'series' files via FTP as they are visible via an FTP client. So you could back them up to your computer and restore them in future if it ever happens again. Setting up and using FTP is whole other (lengthy) topic so I won't explain that here. The Humax manual explains the basics.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service