Life Time Subscription offer

Started by Gary, June 20, 2014, 03:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I am presuming this is a mistake but I just got sent an email offering me this with no mention of Humax next to the offer though that is where the email took me.

I don't own and never have owned a Humax. :)

EDIT: Just spotted the footnote but I still think this email could be better and clearer!

Paul55

If you follow the links you will be disappointed to find that it is for Humax only.

Dave

I was also very disappointed.
It was anything but obvious that it was for Humax only.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Paul55

Quote from: Dave on June 20, 2014, 05:30:38 PM
I was also very disappointed.
It was anything but obvious that it was for Humax only.

The Humax offer is very appealing at first glance. But, if you are running IceTV on a few PVRs, the discounted 'normal' subscriptions can actually be better. The Humax lifetime offer is only for the single Humax device, whereas the 'normal' subs covers up to 5 devices.

Dave at IceTV

It was mentioned in the email, but we should have made it more obvious that the lifetime subscription is for Humax PVRs only.

The email was still relevant to owners of other brand recorders as they may want to purchase a Humax PVR (for a relative or friend or to replace their existing PVR) and then get the Humax "lifetime" subscription for that Humax.

Note: You don't want the Humax lifetime subscription if you have more than 1 recording device and one or more of the devices are not Humax PVRs as the other recorder(s) would need a regular type subscription (which the Humax can use as well). As Paul said, the regular subscription supports up to 5 devices. The Humax lifetime subscription only works with the 1 Humax PVR.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Gary

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 21, 2014, 12:41:07 AM
It was mentioned in the email, but we should have made it more obvious that the lifetime subscription is for Humax PVRs only.

The email was still relevant to owners of other brand recorders as they may want to purchase a Humax PVR (for a relative or friend or to replace their existing PVR) and then get the Humax "lifetime" subscription for that Humax.
Fair enough, though glad you acknowledged the first point as it clearly raised expectations with others as well. :)

snuke

I actually started to right a reply email as I thought it was as misleading as those uncapped internet or phone plans that are really capped and resulted in two providers getting fined by the ACCC.
There is nothing "Lifetime" about it. Take away the lack of header or subject that allowed it to be put into context of Humax, there is the fine print that says Liefetime somehow equates to 5 years. That is very misleading. If my PVR only lasted 5 years, I would be disappointed. This in effect says the ICE thinks a Humax is only designed to last 5 years, and that any day after that period is a pure miracle.

prl

There was a recent Checkout item (ABC1) about "lifetime" warranties. They said that "lifetime" in a warranty is pretty much whatever the warranty issuer says it is.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

snuke

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 21, 2014, 12:41:07 AM

I just received this email again, still as misleading as last time.