IceTV Now Allows Up To 5 Devices

Started by Paul55, May 17, 2014, 09:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

The latest subscription promotion offer states that you can have up to 5 devices on a single account. Thought it may have been a misprint because, a couple of months ago, I needed to deactivate one of my PVRs in order to connect my newest Beyonwiz.
However, I now see the option to add another device in My Account and the 'you have maximum number of devices' message is gone. Great move IceTV to recognise that many of us have multiple PVRs nowadays.
Out of interest, how long have 5 devices been permitted and why weren't subscribers notified of this enhancement?

IanL-S

I thnk it was changed some years ago. I"m sure that when I got may second 7100+ I hadno problem adding it - already had 2 x 2400, a 7100+ and a 7100. That was back in Feb 2013.

However, the Toppy firmware limits you to a max of FOUR (4) TMS Toppys; I'm sure that I ahd 4 TMS Toppys plus a 7100 active on IceTv for a time.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

melmac

Quote from: Paul55 on May 17, 2014, 09:47:11 AM
The latest subscription promotion offer states that you can have up to 5 devices on a single account.

They should add a little star next to it that states as long as they're all in the same region :( I don't understand why in the My recorders section you can have a drop down box to select the device type but not one to select the region settings seems it would be simple.

Paul55

Quote from: melmac on May 23, 2014, 01:40:18 PMThey should add a little star next to it that states as long as they're all in the same region.

My understanding (and I could very well be wrong) is that the devices should be in same household. I've assumed the devices would be on the same internet connection. Otherwise you could let a friends and relatives use your account instead of having their own.

prl

Quote from: Paul55 on May 23, 2014, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: melmac on May 23, 2014, 01:40:18 PMThey should add a little star next to it that states as long as they're all in the same region.

My understanding (and I could very well be wrong) is that the devices should be in same household. I've assumed the devices would be on the same internet connection. Otherwise you could let a friends and relatives use your account instead of having their own.

I guess it'd be this:
Quote from: IceTV T & C12. ... use the Software on behalf of, or for the benefit of, any person that is not a resident in your home or otherwise in the physical vicinity of the equipment on which the Software operates ...
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing