How do I handle two identical recorders?

Started by ploughguy, March 15, 2014, 10:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ploughguy

I have a Topfield TRF-2400 which is doing stirling work.  I have been given another one and I would like to use it for those times when everything is happening at once.

I do not understand how IceTV handles this.  I have been using the topfield and an Elgato usb tuner which was easy to understand because they are different products. 

Under My Recorders in the IceTV Accounts area, the devices are identified only by model number.  I have not found an indentifier in the device setup that lets IceTV distinguish one Topfield TRF-2400 from another.

I have, of course, missed something obvious, and you, of course, can tell me what that is...
Thank you for your help.
Russ

Dave at IceTV

Hi ploughboy,

It looks like your IceTV subscription expired last December.

In My Recorders each device has a device type (brand/model) and a device label. You give each device a different label so that you can set recordings on whichever device you choose.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ploughguy

Dave,
The expired subscription was for my mum.  Her eyesight is good enough to watch TV but not good enough to control a Topfield, so I cancelled her sub.  I have another which is alive and well.

But back to the subject...
The name is assigned in the iceTV page.  From what I can see, the Topfield does not know what that name is.
I have two devices with identical brand and model.  How does iceTV distinguish them?
PG

IanL-S

IceTV relies on the name you have given the Toppy in IceTV interactive. I have 4 Toppys (2x2400 + 2x7100+) called Toppy 3 to Toppy 6.

When the Toppy logs into IceTV it tells IceTV Interactive its name. You select the name of the Toppy through Menu, Settings, IceTV, Options, and then using Device Type to select the correct name. You use the left/right cursors to move through the available devices.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help