ICEguide for Topfield installer v1.0.0.2

Started by Russell at IceTV, March 17, 2005, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

The latest IceGuide4Topfield loader and TAP are now available for testing on the support page (version 1.0.0.2):

http://server.icetv.info/support/

Important changes in this version:
  • Multi-region support has been improved.  An arbitrary number of ini files can be added and these appear in the list under the "region" button.
  • IceGuide4Topfield.ini holds the static information (apart from region).
  • The other files (sydney.ini and melbourne.ini) hold the region-specific info and any aliases you might setup on the channels for that region.
  • All ini files have been extensively commented so hopefully they will be easier to understand.
Thanks,
Russell

Hoffmanx2

Russell ,

Just installed this on my PC and am getting the error 'Entry Point not found' when I run the exe IceGuide4Topfield.

The error is with SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces could not be found in the library SETUPAPI.dll

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

I have a feeling that you're maybe running that on NT 4.0?  From what we can tell, it looks like the file "tfdll.dll" (which is a Topfield file that provides communication with the Topfield) is using setupapi.dll (which is a standard Microsoft Windows file), but the feature it's using in setupapi.dll isn't supported on NT 4.0.  That would imply that the Topfield DLL doesn't support NT 4.0, which would mean that we don't either :-(  Are you able to test it on an XP or 2000 machine?

Thanks,
Russell

Hoffmanx2

Correct - NT4.0. I will try it on 2000 soon.

Thanks.