New IceTV branded PVR

Started by Mantorok, July 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Quote from: idiesel on December 12, 2013, 09:26:09 PM
I'll keep pushing with my 2 x beyonwizes that have lasted nearly 7 years now, but I am keen to see these things released and hope they live up to expectation!

I'm like that with my Toppy 5K   :P
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

mcpaton

I'd like to see a plex client on the new box.

Any further news on this box or was it an April fool?
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Vortical

#77
Quote from: mcpaton on January 13, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
Any further news on this box or was it an April fool?
July can't come soon enough. Some more info (or images) would be nice from IceTV ;D

I just hope there isn't another delay.

This thread sure has a lot of views it's over 3500 views now

Bigboboz

Yeah my S1 looks like it's on it's last legs.  Front screen is getting dimmer and had to swap the original 200gb HDD as the 500gb couldnt seem to be powered up any more. Sounds like the power supply is going which can probably be fixed but I'm mentally ready for a new machine.

Really like the BW still, have an H1 that I like being able to play the S1 recordings on but it sounds like this Icebox will be capable of something similar but more flexible =)

I'm available for testing as an FYI...

madmax

Quote from: idiesel on December 12, 2013, 09:26:09 PM
Shame to hear it's suffered a minor setback with chipsets and now postponed to July next year.
I'd call this a major setback. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel this will drag on until next Christmas.

But in the meantime, my S1 continues to chug away faultlessly..... :D

Mantorok

There hasn't been much new information about the IceCube lately. Anyone from IceTV able to give us an update?

Is it still on target for a July-2014 release?

csutak40

Quote from: Mantorok on February 20, 2014, 01:13:13 PM
There hasn't been much new information about the IceCube lately. Anyone from IceTV able to give us an update?

Is it still on target for a July-2014 release?

+1
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Archer_11

+2. My Toppy has packed it in, would be the perfect time to buy an Icebox.

Paul55

Is there any relationship between the 'IceCube' and the new Beyonwiz T3? Will the 'IceCube' be based on the T3 hardware? I hope IceTV are not going to be petty and deny Ice functionality to T3 owners in an attempt to force buyers to the IceCube (which is still only a concept at this stage).
I, for one, would take a very dim view of such action. For everyone's sake - don't follow the American business model of locked down systems. IceTV has a wonderful product, but Aussies don't accept being manipulated.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Paul55 on March 15, 2014, 08:15:50 AM
Is there any relationship between the 'IceCube' and the new Beyonwiz T3? Will the 'IceCube' be based on the T3 hardware? I hope IceTV are not going to be petty and deny Ice functionality to T3 owners in an attempt to force buyers to the IceCube (which is still only a concept at this stage).
I, for one, would take a very dim view of such action. For everyone's sake - don't follow the American business model of locked down systems. IceTV has a wonderful product, but Aussies don't accept being manipulated.
I don't think there is as the T3 lacks functionality that seemed to be non negotiable on the IceCube
The "American business model" you refer to has sure worked for Apple - control the hw, os and the apps - can't argue that they've made it work pretty well. Given iPhone and iPad are big sellers in Australian I'm not sure your comment about Aussies not accepting being manipulated is correct
Whatever happens the power will remain with the consumer - I mean the power of the wallet!
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

Paul55

Quote from: bodogbodog on March 15, 2014, 12:49:55 PM
Given iPhone and iPad are big sellers in Australian I'm not sure your comment about Aussies not accepting being manipulated is correct
Whatever happens the power will remain with the consumer - I mean the power of the wallet!

IMO iStuff has lost a lot of ground since more open systems have become available. I work with a lot of young well-paid people and 2-3 years ago it was all iThis and iThat - nowadays iPhones are very much in the minority.

Wallet power is what I will be employing if IceTV go down this track - and I'm a massive fan and spruiker of their current product.

IanL-S

I gather IceTV is still very much in the 'added feature' marked for third party devices. In the thread below, Heinz says that IceTV will be meeing with Topfield Australia management to discuss added IceTV capability to recent Topfield models


http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php/topic,4254.0.html

The primary candidate would be the TF-T6000, but they could also be considering the TRF-7260 (although the model it replace, the 7160 never had IceTV support). The TF-T6000 needs something to get people to by it. Currently it is little better than the TRF-2100, and from the user perspective the TRF-7260 is a much better proposition.

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Paul55

Quote from: Paul55 on March 15, 2014, 08:15:50 AM
I hope IceTV are not going to be petty and deny Ice functionality to T3 owners

Looks like my hopes will be fulfilled. IceTV are working with Beyonwiz to ensure the T3 will become IceTV compatible - great outcome (when it happens).

Vortical

#88
We're now looking at having to wait till Christmas 2014 :-\

Quote from: Heinz on March 17, 2014, 04:49:27 PM
But because IceCube won't be ready for sale much before Christmas, we've been pushing into more recent branded platforms, giving you a choice of platform.

Not sure why this thread hasn't been updated by Heinz here but here is a link to the full post that included the quote above in the Beyonwiz T3 Thread
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php/topic,4256.msg19831.html#msg19831

csutak40

Quote from: Vortical on March 27, 2014, 02:46:22 AM
We're now looking at having to wait till Christmas 2014 :-\

Quote from: Heinz on March 17, 2014, 04:49:27 PM
But because IceCube won't be ready for sale much before Christmas, we've been pushing into more recent branded platforms, giving you a choice of platform.

Not sure why this thread hasn't been updated by Heinz here but here is a link to the full post that included the quote above in the Beyonwiz T3 Thread
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php/topic,4256.msg19831.html#msg19831

Thank you for supplying this link.  As I don't have any Beyondwiz devices, I never read that thread and suspect I am not alone in this.

Must say, I am disappointed in Heinz for not keeping us updated here and also for giving no explanation as to why it has now become NEXT Christmas (wasn't it supposed to be last Christmas at one stage?) 

The last time Heinz updated us in this thread was in December 03, 2013, when he promised July.

I am starting to wonder if there are big problems with the IceCube and whether I should rush into buying it when/if it ever happens.

I have been holding my breath, praying that my Toppy5K will last the distance, but maybe I should just forget about it and look around for something else

Very disappointing!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,