EPG Schedule 7 hours out + Suggestion

Started by homoaustralis, July 23, 2013, 08:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homoaustralis

Media system ground to a halt, reformatted / reinstalled OS, made the mistake of installing IceTV before WMC scan. (Older version XP?, required this, old habbits etc)
Program suggestion: Prevent install if WMC has not scanned channels.
Tried removing IceTV + registry entries, no luck, reinstalled OS, All MS updates, Channel scan, IceTV install, works well.
But the schedule on all channels seems 7 hours out. Eg Midday report starts 7pm.
Any help greatly appreciated.

RoderickGI

Hmmm, I always do a System Backup straight after a new install, or reinstall. Perhaps next time it could save you some time.

Usually if the time is out it is due to region settings in Windows or IceTV Interactive or something similar. Take a poke around in those areas. The EPG data is provided in UTC / GTM I believe, and uses the region setting to offset to the correct local time. Seven hours ahead is a little strange though, unless it is actually 17 hours behind. That would be a region setting of Los Angeles, or somewhere on the West Coast of the USA.

homoaustralis

Thanks Rodderick
Yup in all the excitement I missed Time Zone setting on the reinstall, jeez I'm getting old. And yr right should backup after install, but after a day 'playing' Linux for the first time (and losing), I was over the whole computer thing.
Cheers Baz