Ch7 Melbourne Sunday Night

Started by impact, August 27, 2006, 09:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

Noticed in my MCE box - just about everything was 15 mins out in the guide - but only on ch7....

ie. Ch7 News is normally 6pm - the guide was showing this as 6:15pm
6:30pm should have been the start for Where are they now - yet the ice tv guide had it listed as 6:45pm etc...

Was wondering why I missed part of the news tonight ??? Initially I thought the problem may have been the network itself running late... but nope it was the guide data that was wrong - and I checked other sources to see if it was a problem in what the networks were saying. Nope only icetv had it wrong - all other printed and electronic guides had the correct start times.

I am guessing some processing earlier in the program day stuffed up and shifted everything 15 minutes ? Just concerned that what ever caused this, can be fixed and not stuff up again for ch7 or another channel. Maybe some extra program QA checks before publishing - ie. News is at 6:30pm weekdays and 6:00pm weekends for 7 / 9  News at 7pm for ch2  News at 5pm for ch10  -> At least if these were checked, exceptions to the rule could be found and manually fixed ?

BTW - Anybody actually reading these content error postings.... Its just there are not too many postings from icetv staff of recent times - saying, yep - sorry - found the problem - its fixed.... or .... etc.

Circuitau

Yes I've got exactly the same problem with mine.
Noticed that there was a post a month or so ago and apparently Ice's data was wrong and was then fixed.

Circuit

Heres the post : http://www.icetv.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=264.0

whitford

I second you impact...
Got the same problem. Update the guide this morning, and everything seems to be fixed.

Surely it won't be that hard to write a script that checks time.

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks, obviously this was an inconvenience for some Melbourne subscribers. Whilst it's not really the issue here ..... I'd urge everyone to update as regularly as possible. Thanks.

goldcoastguy

Maybe an option should be created in the Icebox menu to allow for multiple updates, rather than just 1 per day.

Evan :->

impact

Now the ABC2 Guide is 30 minutes out on Sunday... missed a couple of important recordings because of this....

Argghhhhhhhh.........
Not sure what time it started creeping in the timescale - New Captain Scarlet was wrong and a few shows after that, but it seems to have fixed itself by evening...

Mitch IceGuide

The person that compiles ABC2 Guide has been notified ..... am waiting for some assurance all be will be ok from now. Thanks and apologies for your Sunday Night.