Some ABC Content errors

Started by impact, August 21, 2006, 09:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

I noticed this last week on Monday and thought it was a once off - but the same thing has happened today (Monday)...

Knowing that the guide data for ABC is a feed, the quality of the data should (theoretically be pretty good - well certainly similar to the quality of any web based guide system - especially in this instance of www.abc.net.au/tv at least...

IceTV guide suggests that Enjie Benjie was on at around 7:00am this morning - it wasn't - I think it was rubberdubbers or something - Enjie Benjie only appears on ABC2 at a later time....

Fantastic Flying Journey is reported by IceTV for a 7:30am start - this is also no longer on... Jane and the Dragon has replced this show (mind you Icetv is correct for Tues-Fri showing this... but last week and this week, icetv reported Monday being incorrect)

No big probs really - I am just amazed that apparantly the ABC guys do not give you the same data or source the same data as what they use for their own web site... Missing program updates in what they give you, the ABC website having far more info on program sub titles that what you receive - its as if there is two levels of truth within the ABC....

impact

I'll just add to the ABC Woes here... since there are no comments on the first post yet...

Catalyst - There are new episodes and old episodes (repeats) shown on the ABC each week and also on the ABC2... I consider the Thursday 8pm Catalyst to be the marker of the new show (that may be repeated during the week and repeated maybe months later on the ABC2).

The synopsis is never correct... this week the show was all about the Eureka awards - however the show description was about preventing Kidney rejection amongst the other stories....

An Icetv process muckup each week ? Or is the ABC deliberately giving incorrect data to use ?  :)