XML data not updating

Started by Starionx, April 16, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starionx

I use the Justepg Tap with XMLTV as the source (on a Toppy 2400), and the epg has not updated for 5 days. I don't use Icetv for recordings, just to get the xml data.
In my Icetv account, it shows -

Last EPG fetches:
16 April, 2013 at 03:53pm with Topfield TRF-2400
10 April, 2013 at 05:59pm with XML

There is another 2400 owner who has the exact same problem (no XML update since the 10th).

Anyone else having this problem?

ggm@pobox.com

7100hd+ using justepg 17 same. Last XML fetch 11th, ongoing device fetch showing. I have reset justepg to eit data until this resolves.

Is it a coincidence Itopfield web has gone offline?

Starionx

In case anyone in Icetv land reads these forums, this is the message that gets returned when the Justepg Tap tries to do an XML fetch -

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>401 Authorization Required</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Authorization Required</h1>
<p>This server could not verify that you
are authorized to access the document
requested.  Either you supplied the wrong
credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply
the credentials required.</p>

<address>Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at iceguide.icetv.com.au Port 80</address>
</body></html>

IanL-S

Quote from: ggm@pobox.com on April 16, 2013, 07:29:12 PM
<<<snip>>>
Is it a coincidence Itopfield web has gone offline?

Yes, just a coincidence. And an annoying one ... well over two weeks now. The site was up for about an hour twice in the intervening period ... usually late in the evening.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Paul55

I have same problem - no XML on my Toppy 2400 since 10 April. Still getting normal IceTV EPG.
Another user (other than Starionx) has also reported same issue - also Toppy 2400.
Corrupt data?? Bad character in show title??
Doesn't happen often, but damned annoying.

Dave at IceTV

Hi guys,

The XML feed is downloading as normal for me in both IE9 and using webget (fetching the Sydney guide data). If anyone is still having a problem please reply with the region that is set in your account, and the ISP and type of Internet connection (ADSL, Cable or 3G/4G Wireless) that you are using.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Starionx

Last EPG fetches:

17 April, 2013 at 01:02pm with Topfield TRF-2400
10 April, 2013 at 05:59pm with XML

Region - Sydney
ISP - TPG
Connection - ADSL2+

Dave at IceTV

I just validated the current Sydney xml file at www.xmlvalidation.com and it said "No errors were found".

If everyone having an issue is using JustEPG then you may need to talk to the author of JustEPG. It actually seems like a daylight savings issue in JustEPG.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Starionx

I think you're right Dave. I've been testing both FTA and ICEtv data and they both come up fine in the original EPG guide. I can sometimes even get Justepg to show the ICEtv data, before it goes through it's data parsing.
The problem I have is that with the Itopfield website in limbo, I don't know how to get in touch with the Justepg author.  :(

Starionx

For anyone having this problem, I have a temporary workaround.
Set the IceTV to Enabled in the Toppy settings.
Set the EPG Data Source in JustEpg to EIT+FTAFILE.
You may have to flip the Toppy IceTV setting to disabled/enabled a few times and do the Reset EPG Data (red button) a few times too. It was a little bit flaky for me.

If it works, you will see the program data in JustEpg as normal (almost).
Any repeat programs will actually start with [R] and you will not see any 'repeat colour coding' (if you've set that up). Personally, I think this looks better.
The downside to this fix is that the program description does not have things like Actors, directors, year etc which Justepg would add from the xml data, which we are not getting!

markb

Quote from: Starionx on April 17, 2013, 05:35:53 PM
The downside to this fix is that the program description does not have things like Actors, directors, year etc which Justepg would add from the xml data, which we are not getting!

I still don't understand why ICE simply can't append this info to the description text field for Topfield PVRs. I/we've asked plenty of times but never had any clear response. That's an incredibly easy solution which would take a capable developer about 5 mins to add, and does not require any coordination or action by Topfield.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Starionx on April 17, 2013, 04:54:10 PM
The problem I have is that with the Itopfield website in limbo, I don't know how to get in touch with the Justepg author.  :(
Peter (the JustEPG author) also frequents the DTV forum as pgdownload
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

markb

See what I mean? I'm a ghost it seems :(

Starionx

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 17, 2013, 06:37:22 PM
Peter (the JustEPG author) also frequents the DTV forum as pgdownload

Actually, Peter is the author of the Toppy 5000 version. He didn't make the changes to the TMS Toppy Justepg version.

Quote from: markb on April 17, 2013, 07:27:31 PM
See what I mean? I'm a ghost it seems :(

LOL.  ;D

Starionx

The plot thickens.
There is a post in the whirlpool forums where a reply from Icetv that one of the users got states that they have changed servers.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2086966#r1

The '.INI' file that Justepg users to logon to the Icetv site is as follows

Host=iceguide.icetv.com.au
Path=/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide&desc_length=1500

I take it that this path is now incorrect which is why Justepg is getting an error.

If someone from Icetv could advise what the new path is, we should be able to solve the problem.  :)