Times for regional Queensland all out by 1 hour

Started by TheSchmuck, March 24, 2013, 08:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSchmuck

Hi all,

have just downloaded the iphone app and there's some odd behaviour going on.

If I view the entire TV guide (all channels) the times are correct. If I filter it in any way (by searching for a program name, or filtering by channel) then the times are all an hour ahead of what they should be.

The incorrect times are also shown in the "upcoming episodes" of my favourite programs.

My IceTV account (which was created through the iphone app) has it's region set to "Queensland Regional", and the phone's timezone is set to Brisbane.

Any clues? Is this a bug?

Cheers

Daniel

Dave at IceTV

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like the data is corrupted. Try resetting the app from the Settings icon on the main screen. This will force it to download a fresh copy of the data.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Derwan

I'll post here rather than creating a new thread.  I realise this is an old post but I'm a new user having the same issue - although I'm in Brisbane, not regional Queensland.

Normal TV Guide.  "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" starts at 7:30pm.  (This is correct.)

But when you search for "Star Wars", it says 8:30pm:

Looking at "Upcoming Episodes" from "My Shows" has the same issue:

When you go into the details, the correct time is shown:

This is rather annoying!!

Dave at IceTV

Hi Derwin,

We could only reproduce the problem once - after changing a setting and resetting the app. Then after closing and reopening the app it was back to normal.

Please make sure that both the time-zone and region in your account are correct, here:
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi

Can you please close and reopen the app and see if that fixes it. Or reset the app from it's settings menu, then close and reopen the app again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Derwan

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on January 16, 2014, 02:39:30 PM
We could only reproduce the problem once - after changing a setting and resetting the app. Then after closing and reopening the app it was back to normal.

Please make sure that both the time-zone and region in your account are correct, here:
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi

Can you please close and reopen the app and see if that fixes it. Or reset the app from it's settings menu, then close and reopen the app again.

Thanks Dave.  Seems to be fixed now....

I checked my account.  Both were set to "Brisbane" but I saved the settings anyway just in case that sparked something in the background.  I then went into the app and did the reset.  (I tried that just before my last post but it didn't seem to help then.)  After resetting the app I force-killed it and then reopened it.  The times are now correct.

I signed up using the quick process on the new Humax then downloaded and started using the app before I completed any other account details online.  Perhaps it was this process that caused this bug to surface?

All good now though.  :)