Why IceTV?

Started by Michieux, November 16, 2012, 01:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michieux

We recently bought a Topfield TRF 2400 with a year's worth of IceTV. Having seen the EPG before enabling IceTV and after enabling IceTV, I'm wondering what difference there is apart from the IceTV logo appearing at the top of the screen. And on Wednesday, when Ten broadcast two episodes of Good Wife as a block, the PVR recorded only the first episode. Compared to Foxtel's IQ EPG, this really sucks. The IQ automatically adjusted itself and recorded the entire two episodes -- I used both PVRs because I don't entirely trust the Toppy or IceTV enough just yet, especially since my settings of what and when to record sometimes disappear on the Toppy, for no apparent reason. The IQ seems to remember everything, even after a power failure.

My wish list is for a PVR that functions as well or better than our ageing IQ. Given our experiences with the Toppy and IceTV, we may well invest in an IQ2. Look for a hardly-used Toppy for sale soon.

Cheers,

Michieux   :(

Paul55

IceTV recorded both Good Wife episodes for us - even though I was only expecting one. Make sure, under your series recording (advanced) settings for this show, that you have the number of episodes set to ALL. This means you record all first run episodes - not just the first one each day. I got caught out with this option when I first started with IceTV.

Michieux

Thanks for that. You've probably guessed that I'm a newby with both the Toppy and IceTV. As far as the Toppy's concerned, I'm still learning of its many advantages, not least being the ability to watch my beloved Rachel Maddow show, which I download with Miro, on our TV. I won't be getting rid of it just yet.  :)

Thanks again,

Michieux

Paul55

You should be able to download the missed Good Wife episode from www.eztv.it and watch it via the Toppy.

Michieux

Quote from: Paul55 on November 16, 2012, 09:59:26 PM
IceTV recorded both Good Wife episodes for us - even though I was only expecting one. Make sure, under your series recording (advanced) settings for this show, that you have the number of episodes set to ALL. This means you record all first run episodes - not just the first one each day. I got caught out with this option when I first started with IceTV.

After reading your post I went and had a look at my settings, and I couldn't find what you suggested.  I have Good Wife set to record Weekly -- that's the only setting I could find. Where does one set it to "ALL"?

I apologise in advance for my ignorance,

Regards,

Michieux

Dave at IceTV

The "Record All", "Record 1 per day", "Record 2 per day" etc option is under 'Advanced', so it is unlikely that you would have changed it without noticing. 

If you click on the show in My Shows, then click on Update Series, you will see an Advanced link above the Update button.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Michieux

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 20, 2012, 03:54:00 PM
The "Record All", "Record 1 per day", "Record 2 per day" etc option is under 'Advanced', so it is unlikely that you would have changed it without noticing. 

If you click on the show in My Shows, then click on Update Series, you will see an Advanced link above the Update button.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have IceTV -- their logo on the Guide screen suggests that I have, yet I haven't seen/cannot find the menu items you've mentioned, eg, "Record All", "Record 1 per day", "Record 2 per day", and so on. As far as I can see, I don't have "My Shows" or "Update Series" menu items either; I have "Reservations" -- a list of the programs I want to record at the same time (Networks willing!) each week. And my choices as to when to record seem limited to daily, weekly, etc.

What am I doing wrong or what am I missing? Should I start over and reprogram the list of shows I want to record weekly?

I am seriously puzzled, as we seem to be speaking of two disparate systems. (I have a Topfield 2400 HD with IceTV [I think!]) BTW, I'm doing all my programming on the Toppy -- not on the web or elsewhere, so all references to menus I make are what I see onscreen using the menus that come from the Toppy

Thanks for your advice thus far.

Regards,

Michieux

Dave at IceTV

Sorry Michieux, I assumed that you knew My Shows and My Week etc are on the website (and phone apps).

For a Topfield using IceTV,  you set and manage all of your series recordings via the IceTV phone app or website.
http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Michieux

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 21, 2012, 11:54:34 AM
Sorry Michieux, I assumed that you knew My Shows and My Week etc are on the website (and phone apps).

For a Topfield using IceTV,  you set and manage all of your series recordings via the IceTV phone app or website.
http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/

Thanks for that -- I was beginning to think I was having some 'senior moments', although I'm only 62. We have a notebook PC permanently on the dining room table  -- our dining room being open plan with the lounge where our telly and Toppy are, so it should be a cinch to now utilise all the features you've mentioned.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Michieux

Paul55

Once you start using the IceTV website to set your recordings, make sure you get rid of the 'manual' recordings you have set on the Toppy - such as the 'weekly' recording of The Good Wife.