Dates in Show Titles

Started by MB4913, May 19, 2012, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB4913

What's happening to the dates in the show titles in the IceTV Guide? From tomorrow, for example, Masterchef has 2009 in the title, Australian Story has 1996, The Amazing Race has 2001, etc. If this is the date of the show's first series, then it absolutely useless information to be included in the guide. What is really good information is the date the episode being shown was made, as in New Tricks (2011) and Packed To The Rafters (2012).

I hope this is just a glitch that will soon be rectified.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

It looks like the program's year of production (ie. the first year it started) is overriding the episode info. I've cleared out the ones you mentioned and I've pointed this out to the relevant people to have a look at.

Thanks

MB4913

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

I've been informed that this issue has been fixed now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

BrianM

Not so sure about it being rectified!  My recorder missed the first show of a new year for a series which had had the date appended to the title!  Not happy.

I've managed a workaround by setting up a keyword search of "repeat:no title:<series name>" for the affected series.

This really doesn't make IceTV easy to use and needs to be addressed urgently before too many people lose shows.