Frozen Unit

Started by ozpowell, March 16, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozpowell

I have been one of the many people afflicted with the infamous Humax padding problem, but last night my unit suffered a different problem.

At about 8pm I tried to power on the Humax, but it was unresponsive.  I tried with both the remote control and the power button in the centre of the ring on the front panel - neither successfully woke the unit up (the circular led on the front was orange).  I was reluctant to cycle the power to the system as it was supposed to be about half way through recording MKR, so I just left it.

This morning I cycled the power and checked the recorded media - it appears to have frozen about 18 minutes into MKR (there was an 18 minute MKR media file on the disk).

Needless to say, wifey was less than impressed - last night was her Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives night...  She's now making noises about sending the thing back...  I sure hope Humax fix these problems soon or that may be what I'll have to end up doing.  :'(

Anyone else seen this behaviour?
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

swamprat96

I've had one lockup since I've owned the unit - where I had been streaming for hours- went back to the TV - then hit the record button. The unit hung- rebooted and restarted - going back to the channel it had died on. But I had to hit record again and it was OK

The Humax seems fairly stable- had mine two months now with everyday use. One lockup I can forgive.

ozpowell

FYI, my unit hasn't frozen again since my original post.  So I'm willing to accept that the issue is minor.  Now, if only they could fix the padding problem....
--

jeisner

I have tried a lot of different PVRs with ICETV and I have to say unlike my previous 'Strong' and 'Beyonwiz' units I haven't had any freeze ups or resets with the Humax, just the lack of padding.. Though even the lack of padding makes the unit not really fit for purpose..

I do also have a Topfield masterpeice in another room and it went a bit screwy on wireless but switched it to wired network and it is reliable.

I hope they resolve this soon or I will be requesting a refund as the unit is not working as designed or fit for purpose with icetv (whome I bought the unit from), I guess I will get another topfield and make sure I don't use wireless, lol.. It is a shame as I think the Humax interface is a lot nicer, but I am a little annoyed they don't even bother to email back their customers to let them know it is a known problem they are working on...

swamprat96

I've had two lockups in the last 24 hours. However both times were whilst streaming over wifi from a dlna server and-I suspect the network linked dropped. But I did have to power off the unit to get it back

toppytools

I had a Humax DLNA lockup when I accidentally turned the computer off while streaming a video from it  ::)

ozpowell

FYI - My issue in the original post was not related to streaming and/or DLNA, though I do have the unit always connected to our LAN.

As noted earlier, I haven't seen the problem again since the first occurance.
--

hg34

Happened to me early this morning  :(

swamprat96

Its happened to me again too- but every time it does I'm usually "pushing" it. This time I was uploading a 4gb video via FTP - whilst a recorded program was being watched. I have not had it play up when doing normal stuff