No cancel option on replaced shows

Started by Lisey, March 22, 2011, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisey

I've set Pretty Little Liars on a series recording.
It's been pulled this week and replaced with Starky and Hutch at 1am on Wednesday (Melbourne).
The problem is, I don't want to record Starky and Hutch but the app (latest version, iPhone 4) does not provide a 'cancel' option. I this happened last week too. I have to go to the website to cancel the recording of show. I have a screen dump if required.

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

When a show that is part of a series recording is removed from the schedule and existing series recordings for that show will be re-evaluated and the show will be deleted from your PVR.

I would be interested in seeing the screenshot you have if possible.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

tonymy01

Daniel, that isn't my experience at all with the Beyonwiz.   It seems that ICE will reschedule the show, you get the new timer for the new schedule (in the case of a moved event), but the existing one isn't purged, and in fact, ICE then believes it to be a timer the user wants to record for the show at that timeslot, so will mark a red dot in the guide for that timeslot.

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Lisey

Ive emailed u a screen shot @support, Dan.
Also it's still in 'my week' I haven't removed it while u are investigating :)

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Lisey,

Thanks for the info, I've had a preliminary look and unfortunately I can't provide a definitive answer, I'm swamped today & tomorrow so I've set aside some time on Friday to dig deeper into the issues.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have something more concrete.

Tony: I will do some testing (at the same time) of the show moved/deleted functionality to see that the correct messages are being sent to client PVRs.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Lisey

Lisey

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Sadly I've been forced to shift priorities for a while but I'm hoping to get back to it in the next week or so.

The iPhone side of the problem will definitely be addressed in the next update, the server-side component as soon as I can get back to it.

Sadly we have limited engineering resources and a couple of very demanding projects on our plate at the moment.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Lisey

Lisey

This has happened to me again, this time it's the Rockford files - and no way to remove it from the app!

timaa

I have a Beyonwiz, and it works as Dan described - if a show is removed or changes schedule, the original recording is deleted and replaced if necessary.
Is your Beyonwiz running the latest firmware?
Perhaps a reset of settings and deletion of timers (then resend) and iceguide might get it working again.