Time For Android Tablet App?

Started by Paul55, November 17, 2011, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

Are there any plans to develop an app for Android tablets? I tried installing the standard Android phone app on my Xoom, but it refused to play.
I understand it probably isn't really vital to have a specific app as the IceTV website is easily accessible and functional via the Android browser, but an phone type app would be even nicer.

Dave at IceTV

I believe that we are working on the next release for Android to bring it on-par with the iPhone version, and to better support tablets, which should be available soon.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lukem

.. and while we work to ensure our phone apps work on tablets, we are in design phase for new iPad/Android applications to better your IceTV and "connected TV" experience.

Paul55

I was able to install the latest version of the Android IceTV app on my Xoom - Honeycomb 3.2.- but it won't let me log in using my User Name and password. It requests my email and password which Logs me in with almost no functionality.
Any ideas?

toppytools

deleted

Dave at IceTV

Hi Paul,

You had 2 accounts both using the same email address. I have deleted the free widget account so you now only have the paid account using that email address. If you log out and sign in again on the Android app it will now connect to your paid account.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55

Thanks Dave,
I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, but it is working now. This will keep me going until the tablet app is finalised.

Ellaz

Didn't have a chance to try this app but planing to :)
Love my new wt19i sony ericsson