IceTV server is down?

Started by IanL-S, February 22, 2012, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Both my 7100+ have not IceTV EPG and do not seem to be downloading EPG data. They were both put into standby briefly this morning to avoid EPG and timer stalling. One 2400 froze overnight and was restarted this morning; that was when I discovered the problem with no EPG data. The other 2400 running January 24 beta was not put into standby and still has IceTV EPG data, but it is unclear if it is successfully communicating with the IceTV Server.

None of this explains why the IceTV Widget is not working on my Win7 64 system. It has not worked at all today ... one indicator that something was wrong with IceTV.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Markh

Why is this taking so long to fix?M??K?K?K?! My 2400 has NO guide data at present. Like a paper weight!!! Grrrr pissed off with icetv

IanL-S

Definitely not good. Not sure how long IceTV have been aware of the issue and how serious it is. I started this thread at 7.00 am according to the first post (I suspect it was actually 8.00 am as the forum seems to be a daylight saving denier. These things can be difficult to pin down ... and to get a fix. I also logged a service issue at about the same time ... I have not had a response as yet (not even an automated one). So, IceTV for Toppys may not be the only victim of the server migration.

I suppose we can always revert to free to air EPG data .. I have done this with one of my Toppys.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

wally3218

YES Definately not happy with IceTV at the moment.
We had to convince IceTv that they had a problem after having them tell us everything was ok with the server.
Now they seem to go missing just like the EPG

SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The unfortunate part of all this is that there is something wrong in the way the Topfield handles getting the device list from the IceTV server, and whatever is causing the issue reading the list is not affecting any other PVR that we support. Also when I say Topfield here I specifically mean the newer TMS models (these being the TRF-2400, TRF-2460 and TF7100HDPlus), the older models are working fine.

We put in place a workaround earlier to try and get the affected customers back up and running ASAP but sadly it required a change to DNS records and these can take a while to replicate out. If you are still not seeing the guide we recommend power cycling the Topfield to ensure nothing is being cached and let it try to download the guide again. If however the guide is showing up you should not turn off the Topfield or put it in standby as it will attempt to update its device list at startup and stop updating, while it stays on though it will be fine (as we have confirmed that only the initial device list update is affected).

And I don't know about going us going missing, I would rather work at fixing the problem than have to keep putting out updates.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

AndrewT

Re-starting my TF7100HD plus has not done anything  at all - any idea of an eta when this will be sorted?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: AndrewT on February 22, 2012, 06:47:03 PM
Re-starting my TF7100HD plus has not done anything  at all - any idea of an eta when this will be sorted?

Unfortunately there is no way to predict how long it will take DNS to propogate out, however we are still working a better workaround to this (unfortunately a proper fix would require a firmware update from Topfield, and we don't want any delays to occur with the release of the next firwmare).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wally3218

IceTV have known that the topfield 2460 models have had problems with the firmware for ages
Now we find that there is another topfield firmware/ IceTV server problems.
Why are these topfield models recommended by IcerTV when you know theres problems with these units.
For the novice first time users of IceTv and PVR's it must be hell for them to understand.
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming

IanL-S

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 22, 2012, 06:50:20 PM
Quote from: AndrewT on February 22, 2012, 06:47:03 PM

Unfortunately there is no way to predict how long it will take DNS to propogate out, however we are still working a better workaround to this (unfortunately a proper fix would require a firmware update from Topfield, and we don't want any delays to occur with the release of the next firwmare).

Managed to get 2 x 7100+ back on line. However, a 2400 running January beta firmware is still unable to get device. Is it possible that there is a difference in the way the beta firmware inteacts that means the work around does not fix the issue? If I get a chance I may try reinstalling the firmware and see if it is still problematic.

Ian
Synology NAS

MB4913

Still "cannot connect to server" with TRF 2400. Hope it is fixed soon with an announcement on website.

By the way IanL-S, you need to go to Profile -> Look & Layout, and adjust the Time offset. Obscure, I know, but there it is.  :D

csutak40

I only just rebooted my PC  and the Yahoo  Widgets keeps crashing.  I am presuming it has something to do with this?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

MB4913

Ok, it's just come good.  :) EPG fetch and full guide a few minutes ago.

Thankyou, Daniel.

wally3218

All back to normal here as well hope thats the last of the problems.
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Excellent news, we will of course be monitoring the situation and responding if anything else arises.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

AndrewT

All working for me and my TF7100 plus - had an issue with my timers when the epg and timers were restored but simply deleted them and re- sent - all is good again.