Uninstalled IceTV, but EPG from the Stations has not returned...

Started by Specul8, June 16, 2013, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Specul8

Hi guys - I uninstalled the IceTV app a week ago and all of my EPG info that I used to pull down from the TV stations has not come back. Anyone know how I can "reset" it so it does without running through TV Setup again?

Cheers!
Brad

Dave at IceTV

Hi Brad,

If you really want to revert back to the inferior TV guide data from the TV stations there are 2 ways to do it (after uninstalling or disabling IceTV Interactive).

The easy way (which does involve searching for the channels again).
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20068042-How-do-I-clear-out-all-settings-in-the-Media-Center-and-go-back-to-defaults

The hard way (which involves manually setting each channel to use the FTA guide). Follow these steps, except you want to select each channel that does not have -IceTV after it.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20068553-My-channel-says-no-guide-data
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Specul8

Worse problem now - I have no TV Tuners coming up since uninstalling IceTV. The steps taken to this point:

• Windows 8 64-bit, Media Centre installed and operating normally (for about 9 months).
  • Installed IceTV (was looking to get the TV guide improvements from it, same way I did from Vista... I used IceTV for about 2 years).
  • Started having problems with the EPG, uninstalled IceTV to "try again"
  • Found my channels no longer worked. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Media Centre, Uninstalled the Tuner Drivers (remember, these were working before this...)

Currently every time I try to run through "Live TV Setup" I get an error:
TUNER NOT FOUND. The TV signal cannot be configured because a TV tuner was not detected. If you have a tuner, ensure it is installed correctly.

I know IceTV for W8 is currently in Beta, so I'm OK with there being problems... however it would be good to get my Media Centre back to working normally. I have tried System Restore, but this has not given me a restore point dating to before I installed IceTV.

Any Ideas where to start trying to resolve this?

Specul8

Given that the Media Centre comes through the app store, there must be a cached copy of the installer files somewhere on my computer - it may be as simple as removing these, forcing a re-download from the store...