recordings not getting scheduled

Started by tvmandan, November 10, 2011, 11:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoszos68

Same here cant downloaded beta. I assume it's been stopped till the next beta is available.

I am using the 3.23 beta and do like the time from the stream but as you said there are problems with it.
For example the Nine News in Melbourne on this Sunday says "Sunday News" Or something similar not that I'll be watching as it's some holiday that day:).

And another I noticed was that if a show finishes from the network time earlier than your time and the next show has not yet updated its time then it adds a very short show in between using the Ice guide details.

Hopefully the next beta fixes that. (yes I know network time wont be used for now)
Kevin

lukem

Thanks for the feedback.

3.0.0.24 should now be accessible via the previous link, sorry for that permissions issue.

I'll be available on and off throughout the xmas period so feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers,
Luke

zoszos68

tvmandan

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 23, 2011, 08:49:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

3.0.0.24 should now be accessible via the previous link, sorry for that permissions issue.

I'll be available on and off throughout the xmas period so feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers,
Luke
Thanks Luke,
I downloaded the updated beta this morning. The hard-padding is awesome. Thanks for your work on this. It also looks as if the start in sys tray is fixed too.  :)
I'm keen to try the V4 mc7 plugin beta when its ready.
Cheers,
Dan

zoszos68

With 3.024 almost all good. Start in Sytem Tray is working on one pc only. On my 64 bit pc it is ok. On my 32 bit it wont. I normaly don't notice as i go straight into Media Center.
Kevin

lukem

tvmandan

Quote from: zoszos68 on December 25, 2011, 12:17:09 AM
With 3.024 almost all good. Start in Sytem Tray is working on one pc only. On my 64 bit pc it is ok. On my 32 bit it wont. I normaly don't notice as i go straight into Media Center.
Kevin
Start in Sys tray just stopped working on my 64bit pc after a couple of reboots.

lukem

No worries, I'll get a fix out this week. Thanks for the feedback.

Dave

Luke,
I'm away from home at the moment but I just looked at the web interface to check my recordings and there appears to be a lot that failed.  I'm currently running the 3.24 beta.
Of greater concern is that the iPhone interactive app shows all of the shows are scheduled successfully.  I would expect it to show them with the yellow triangle warning instead.
I've just resent all the recordings and we'll see if they schedule OK.  Otherwise I'm stuffed.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

lukem

I made sure your box received the full EPG on it's next cycle, and resent all the timers again. Looks ok except for some tuner conflicts.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look into why this issue occurred.

Mozi

Hi,

I've also been having trouble with programs not recording. I did not use any of the beta versions but updated Interactive pretty much when it was available. Am using MC on Win7 64.

The first upgrade (that affected things) I made 3 or 4 days ago (I think to version 3.0.0.23 but could have been 22), no programs recorded on channel 9 and one other (I think it was 10). It came up with the yellow exclamation mark in the IceTV Guide web site "series recording failed" and on the MCTV there was no EPG data for Channel 9 or 10. But all other channels were ok.

Now with the upgrade to 3.0.0.24 (done this morning) I have this issue with ALL channels/all recordings.

In both instances, I have asked Interactive to reload the EPG, re-sync, as well as using the "resend all recordings" link on the web site. I also restarted Media Centre, Interactive and the entire PC, several times, but to no avail.

With V23 I also went through the sequence of changing the channel listings as suggested here:

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 30, 2011, 03:09:34 PM
Hi Joe,

Can you right click the channel, then select "Edit Channel > Edit Listings" and re-select the channel name with "-IceTV" on the end (even if MC says it's already selected). If you make the selection and MC prompts you to "Merge channel xx with channel yy" or "Copy listings from channel xx to channel yy" then choose the "Copy Listings" option. If the channel name with "-IceTV" on the end isn't in the list, select the non-IceTV channel, Save, then go back and select the channel again with "-IceTV" on the end.

Cheers,
Luke

But that did not make any difference (except that I did get the channel listing ok when I selected the non "-IceTV" channel).

I'm happy to help in trying to track the problem down, but when I'm not at home (eg now, I'm in the office), I need a reliable recorder. Hence, can I download a prior version of Interactive, which does not experience this issue? Is there a repository of older versions somewhere?

I've used IceTV successfully for a couple of years, but have only now signed up to this forum.
Thanks for the suggestions in this thread so far.

Cheers
Wolfgang

lukem

Quote from: Mozi on December 30, 2011, 04:48:57 PM
Hi,

I've also been having trouble with programs not recording. I did not use any of the beta versions but updated Interactive pretty much when it was available. Am using MC on Win7 64.

The first upgrade (that affected things) I made 3 or 4 days ago (I think to version 3.0.0.23 but could have been 22), no programs recorded on channel 9 and one other (I think it was 10). It came up with the yellow exclamation mark in the IceTV Guide web site "series recording failed" and on the MCTV there was no EPG data for Channel 9 or 10. But all other channels were ok.

Now with the upgrade to 3.0.0.24 (done this morning) I have this issue with ALL channels/all recordings.

In both instances, I have asked Interactive to reload the EPG, re-sync, as well as using the "resend all recordings" link on the web site. I also restarted Media Centre, Interactive and the entire PC, several times, but to no avail.

With V23 I also went through the sequence of changing the channel listings as suggested here:

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 30, 2011, 03:09:34 PM
Hi Joe,

Can you right click the channel, then select "Edit Channel > Edit Listings" and re-select the channel name with "-IceTV" on the end (even if MC says it's already selected). If you make the selection and MC prompts you to "Merge channel xx with channel yy" or "Copy listings from channel xx to channel yy" then choose the "Copy Listings" option. If the channel name with "-IceTV" on the end isn't in the list, select the non-IceTV channel, Save, then go back and select the channel again with "-IceTV" on the end.

Cheers,
Luke

But that did not make any difference (except that I did get the channel listing ok when I selected the non "-IceTV" channel).

I'm happy to help in trying to track the problem down, but when I'm not at home (eg now, I'm in the office), I need a reliable recorder. Hence, can I download a prior version of Interactive, which does not experience this issue? Is there a repository of older versions somewhere?

I've used IceTV successfully for a couple of years, but have only now signed up to this forum.
Thanks for the suggestions in this thread so far.

Cheers
Wolfgang

Sure, you can grab version 3.0.0.16 from here:

http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7 Interactive Beta/IceTV Interactive (Win7) 3.0.0.16.exe

lukem

Version 3.0.0.25 beta is available with the following changes:
* Improved handling of EPG updates
* Improved handling of startup options
* Improved the way network outages are handled
* Maximum logfile size has been reduced to 2MB so it is not truncated when submitted to our support system
* Log viewer displays log entries from the beginning of the logfile, rather than from when the application started

http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7 Interactive Beta/IceTV Interactive (Win7) 3.0.0.25.exe

tvmandan

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 30, 2011, 08:44:41 PM
Version 3.0.0.25 beta is available with the following changes:
* Improved handling of EPG updates
* Improved handling of startup options
* Improved the way network outages are handled
* Maximum logfile size has been reduced to 2MB so it is not truncated when submitted to our support system
* Log viewer displays log entries from the beginning of the logfile, rather than from when the application started

http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7 Interactive Beta/IceTV Interactive (Win7) 3.0.0.25.exe
Hi Luke. The start in sys tray is still not working. The setting only persisted for one reboot. I'm not sure if it means anything but when I change the padding settings and press apply the log says Enabling application autostart.
Cheers
Dan