preset recordings not showing in Ice guide

Started by bristol, July 07, 2006, 11:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bristol

I'm running Ice guide on a Toppy 5000. The other day I set numerous recordings to occur today and tomorrow. This evening none of them are showing in the guide, BUT the recording settings are still there. I only find out they are still there when I go to set the timer again, because it appears not to be set, which results in a duplicated timer warning.

Sort of defeats the object of having the guide if it doesn't show you what you have set to record!

I have since deleted all the timers and re established each one. I can now see them in the guide.

Does anyone know what might have caused this problem and how it can be avoided in the future.

BTW, I'm running May 05 firmware and PBK v 9.6 ( I think!)

goldcoastguy

If you mean the little R or Rt indicator, that seems to be a quirk (rather than a bug I think) of the Toppy.

Since you have PBK as well, you can set one of your keys to show the next 20 Scheduled Timers on screen (with the current program in the background).

Evan :->

mtb

I'd also suggest getting justEPG which might display the details better since it can show your recording in the EPG with different colours for different timer states.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

bristol

I will look into both of these suggestions.

Thanks!

DaVinci

Is it too much to expect ICE to fix it so that R shows in the guide as users expect?

Leonardo

pvogel

Unfortunately it's a long-standing bug internal to the Topfield and although we have asked them to fix it, they have not.  Does anyone know whether this problem persists with the Masterpiece and other later Toppies?

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

DaVinci

OK, Peter, understood.  Thanks for the speedy response.

Leonardo

pvogel

Actually, after closer investigation, there seems to be more to this than my initial comment and there may be a workaround possible from our end.  We'll look into it further but it may not be a quick fix...

Regards,

Peter

gsimos

I have the Masterpiece and it has always bugged me that the day after I book a recording the R disappears.

brianh

As mtb suggested, I can't reccoment JustEPG highly enough (currently ver.11); it has been "worked" to accomodate ICE and really makes management of EPG display & timers very easy.  Worth a try, can always be removed if you don't like it, but I would be very surprised if this happened  ;)

Cheers,
Brian H