Feature requests

Started by lukem, August 26, 2011, 10:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Jaans,

Are you getting that error message consistently with each sync operation?

Jaans

I've just checked again, since checking the first few syncs after the initial install and yes I still do.

Here's the latest last few log entries after clicking on "sync":
15/02/2012 9:18:34 PM   Info   Loading EPG data..
15/02/2012 9:18:34 PM   Warn   Exception System.NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
15/02/2012 9:18:35 PM   Info   Uploaded 2 tasks

I've also noticed a few more exceptions popping up between yesterday and now:

• Warn Exception System.InvalidOperationException - You cannot map a UserHidden channel. (this one happens regularly)
  • Warn Exception System.InvalidOperationException - Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute (only a few times)

After thinking a bit I suspect the UserHidden channel exception may be because I have 31 SBS Digital enabled on the IceTV web site for my account, but in Media Center I don't show it. I'll remove it from the IceTV website and see if it goes away.

Hope that helps...

lukem

I will release a new build (3.0.0.28) tomorrow afternooon. It contains a number of small fixes.

V4 is still a little delayed but we have our project meeting tomorrow and will be in a position to comment on a firm beta-release date afterwards. I suspect that 3.0.0.28 will be the final v3 release.

bodogbodog

All going well so far - haven't spotted anything in the current version so it will be interesting to see what it "fixes"
Thanks
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

lukem

Quote from: bodogbodog on February 16, 2012, 09:59:38 PM
All going well so far - haven't spotted anything in the current version so it will be interesting to see what it "fixes"
Thanks

- The sync option wasn't being saved, although most people (99.9999999%) would have this option on.
- Channel mapping wasn't 100%

Jaans

It would appear that the NullReferenceException error I reported earlier results in the EPG data not being downloaded / applied. I can confirm that this still happens with the latest v3.0.0.28 also.  :(

Took a while to realise this, because I already had a weeks worth of EPG data before I installed the versions 3.0.0.27 / 3.0.0.28 and only after this time had gone by did I notice "No Data Available" and also how it correlates with the "position" of the exception in the log (i.e. after "Loading EPG data..")

I tried a couple of things to resolve the issue but none of these worked:

• WMC Reindex
  • WMC Recover Task
  • Re-setup all channels from scratch
  • Uninstall, clear all files from [ProgramData] for IceTV
  • etc.

The only resolution was to rollback to 3.0.0.25 which promptly downloaded and applied the EPG data without throwing the exception.

Hope that helps,
Jaan

lukem

Hi Jaans,

3.0.0.29 is out now and should resolve your issue.

Please accept our apologies for the error.

Kind Regards,
Luke

Jaans

Thanks  8) ... I'll give it a try and let you know.

Jaans

Hi Luke

It looks like the exception relating to the EPG not loading has gone and the EPG now loads.
However, I'm getting the following Exception as soons as the "EPG loaded successfully" appears.

21/02/2012 3:25:22 PM   Warn   Exception System.InvalidOperationException - You cannot map a UserHidden channel.

Jaans

lukem

Jaans

Thanks Luke

Just installed it and it looks like the exception is no longer appearing.

Jaans

bodogbodog

hmmmm

Installed IceTV Interactive Beta 3.0.0.29 - lost most of my channel logos

Installed IceTV Interactive Beta 3.0.0.30 - still missing the channel logos

Will try another rescan tomorrow when I have time

Bit of a PITA having to rescan - hope others don't have to go through that...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

lukem

Yes, mine have too, just now.

I've checked the EPG data, and the image URLs are definitely still being provided.

Looks like some other issue... will let you know.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on February 22, 2012, 12:16:59 AM
Looks like some other issue... will let you know.

Any thoughts on a fix?
Looks like it got introduced with .29 version